☾ chapter 13

Jaerin's POV

I heard subtle footsteps coming from outside the room. I just woke up to see Haechan laying beside me as my arm was hoisted around his waist. A tint of red shade was painted on my face but luckily it was dark so he couldn't see it. My head was buried deep into his chest.

Haechan was consistently moving around, maybe because the bed was too uncomfortable for two. He kept removing my arm from around his waist but I quickly placed it back. I could sense the annoyance I was causing until he gave up.

I could hear his heart rate fastening by the minute as he held his breath and froze in place.

I could hear subtle footsteps outside and brushed it off, thinking one of the boys could be in the kitchen. My heart dropped as I could feel the vibrations of the footsteps approaching and fading. Haechan quickly removed my arm from his waist and searched under the bed.

He pulled out a spare gun he had kept there in case of emergencies. He tiptoed towards the door and turned the knob. I watched quietly as my breath intake increased. He turned to glance at me but I immediately shut my eyes and played it out as though I was still asleep. I didn't want to alarm him.

I could sense his fear as he peeked his head through the door. Faint rummaging could be heard from where I was and panic ran though my veins.

Haechan was out of the room and I could hear his footsteps fading. The creaking floorboards made sure I knew he was still there. But that could mean if it's an enemy, he could be caught.

A lot of time had passed yet nothing was heard from him. Is he is danger? I questioned myself.

After a long while I could hear distant muttering. I wanted to get closer to listen so I slowly left the premises of the bed. I took slow, small steps. I stepped on an earring which laid on the floor. I groaned in pain and held onto my foot.

Ugh fuck!

I saw Haechan turn and face the bedroom door as I quickly covered my mouth to prevent anymore painful groans leaving my mouth. I picked up the earring and placed it on the desk as I continued to make way for the door.

The door was left half opened so I peered from behind the door looking at the scene before my eyes. My breath hitched at the back of my throat as I saw Juyeon stood facing Haechan. Haechan has his gun pointed at Juyeon's chest. Juyeon tried to yank the gun away but Haechan used his free hand to twist his wrist and throw his onto the the floor.

I gasped in shock as the other members walked onto the scene.

What is Juyeon doing here though? I thought he worked for my dad...

Author's POV

Jaerin stood behind the door contemplating whether or not to join them all in the hallway or to stay hidden behind the door until they return to their rooms.

She was fidgeting with her fingers as random memories flooded her mind. Memories of her unforgotten childhood but there was one thing that kept bugging her. She had fragments of her memories cleared, no recollection whatsoever. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't remember a thing.

She peered out the door and saw Taeyong and Jaehyun dragging Juyeon out of the room. Exhaustion was clearly shown is their eyes.

Jaerin cautiously stepped out of the room. Closely looking around to see if anyone would notice her. Just as she relaxed, Jaemin turned to look at her. Hs stared at her wide eyed, causing them all to look at her too.

Haechan turned around and saw Jaerin standing in front of the door as his mouth dropped. He scratched the back of his neck and stared at the floor. Embarrassment was written all over his face.

Jaerin's POV

I glared at Jaemin as Johnny and Doyoung looked at each other smirking. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the sofa. Caught red-handed. I mentally face palmed myself and rested my head on the arm of the sofa.

Everyone's eyes were on me. I felt like the main character but I know for sure I was not. My eyes were fixated on the floor. My breathing was calm and I lifted my head to look at Jaemin.

He looked directly into my orbs and shook his head in disappointment. So I got up and made way back into the bedroom. Before I closed the door, I peeked at Haechan who still stood in the same position with his eyes fixated on the floor and his hands fidgeting with everything they came into contact with.

<time skip>
Author's POV

Taeyong was back in that secluded room but with now with Jaehyun. They focused on Juyeon who sat on a metal chair with his wrists cuffed behind the chair.

Juyeon smirked as he tapped the watch on his wrist. The watch lit up and it seemed as though it had sent a secret message of his location to the rest of his fellow members.

Jaehyun sauntered towards Juyeon and leaned his head toward him. He turned his head to the side and smirked. Jaehyun grabbed Juyeon's wrist and pulled the watch off, causing a purple bruise to form on the centre of his wrist due to the force he used.

Juyeon winced in pain as his wrist stung. Jaehyun cackled and threw the watch onto the floor, stepping on it, turning his foot side to side in order to shatter the glass and the insides of it. He bent down and reached for the watch, waving it in his face.

Jaehyun walked back to Taeyong placing the broken watch in his hand before walking out of the enclosed room. He turned around one last time before shooting a smirk at Juyeon.

Juyeon returned the smirk. Taeyong walked over to Juyeon, resting both palms on either side of the chair arm, slowly leaning his face closer and closer to Juyeon's. His mouth neared Juyeon's ear before whispering.

" What should I do with you, huh?"
____________________________________

u n e d i t e d

Guys- what should Taeyong do to Juyeon?

I love Juyeon but for the purpose of this book we making him like this. 😁