☾ chapter 24

D - 7

I got up and took a shower before picking my clothes for school and eating breakfast. The clock currently showed 7:30 am so I got ready.

I wore a sage green cropped blazer with a matching mini skirt. Looked cute. I looked it the mirror as I applied makeup, pretending I was filming a YouTube video. I  curled my hair and then made way for the kitchen.

As I left my room, slowly turning the knob I could feel eyes following me. I turned around and saw Haechan standing not far in front of me, a glass of juice in his hand with his mouth agape with the excess falling out. I smiled and walked over to the fridge to get myself a bottle of icy water.

I sat down at the table, a slice of toast laid in front so I started eating it. Haechan still stood in the same exact position watching me. After seconds of watching me almost finish the toast he waddled towards the table and placed his glass down. He swiped his mouth with his sleeve as I watch him in disgust.

"Like what you see?" I said, internally laughing whilst low-key kinda surprised with what I just said.

A smirk was then plastered on his face as he approached me with his hands rested behind his back. As soon as he stood right in front of me, I bent over to reach my ear level, "you look hot. guys will stare," he whispered, then proceeding to make eye contact with you.

"Okay. And why would you care?" I smirked.

"I didn't say I cared. Just wondering what made you dress like that." He pointed at my clothes, moving his finger up and down as he looked at me up and down.

"I felt like it. And stop pointing. If you don't like it stop complaining." I answered back.

"I didn't say I don't like it," he smirked, walking to the living room, picking up his bag.

He gestured me to get up and leave for school with him and the others, "We'll be late hurry."

We walked to school in a big group, I felt a bit left out because they were all talking and laughing whilst I just awkwardly felt like a hovering bee.

Renjun stopped his tracks and whipped his arm around my neck, ruffling my hair as I whined, "stop, I curled my hair you're messing it up," I pouted. He smiled and dragged me by my arm to join the rest of them.

We reached the school gate and the closer we got the the entrance, the louder the noises got. There was screaming coming from every inch and every corner of the hallways. People peeing out from their classroom doors and windows as we walked.

I heard subtle whispers coming from behind me, " who's she? Why is she with them?" I ignored the comments about me, trying to find my way to my classroom.

I haven't been at school for almost 4 months and I honestly don't miss it. I wish I could stay at home and cuddle in the blankets, waking up at 2pm every day. All I did was eat and sleep but now I have to worry about getting an education as well as keeping safe and training.

The clock struck 09:00 am. The teacher walked in, scrunching her eyes in disbelief that I finally showed up to school. "Ah- Jaerin I need to talk to you after class is over, so wait behind for me please." I nodded, ugh it's my first day back and I already have to stay back to talk?

The teacher, Ms Kim took the register and started with her lesson. Maths. Honestly that subject is really not helpful because when am I going to need pythagoras' theorem or algebra? It's not like when I'm paying my bills they're going to make me calculate the x value that I have to pay. Or when I'm driving I have to work out pythagoras' theorem to calculate the distance of the road. I thought, contemplating my life as my mind drifted off into other possibilities to why I don't need maths.