☾ chapter 8

Donghyuck's POV

My mind was occupied with purposeless thoughts. I walked down the creaking corridor and into the kitchen. As I mindlessly walked towards the fridge to grab a drink, I stumbled.

I heard unfamiliar footsteps lingering around the living room. I glanced up to see a man dressed in all black coming towards me. He raised an eyebrow and smirked under his mask. The utter discomfort I felt was different.

I panicked when I remembered that Jaerin was sleeping in the room at the end of the corridor. He turned his heels and went straight towards it. I pulled out my gun from my back pocket slowly and aimed it at his ankle.

Bang!

He groaned in pain. The gunshot startled the other members and they ran out of their rooms and into the kitchen. Their eyes coming in contact with the man who winced in pain, holding onto his ankle for dear life.

Jaerin's POV

I was about to leave the comfort of my bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes until I heard a gunshot. My eyes shut tight and I covered my ears with my hands as I felt the impact of the gunshot through the walls. It reminded me of something but I couldn't seem to get my finger around it.

I tiptoed out of the room and saw a crowd of 23 men standing in a circle around a helpless man. I approached them, my body shaking in fear as tears stained my cheeks. I saw someone standing in the kitchen firmly with a gun in his hands.

Author's POV

Taeyong whipped his head around to see a vulnerable girl who stood with her fixated at the man. "We have to take this man in for questioning," stated Taeyong, his voice harsh.

Jaemin had realised that Jaerin was standing there helpless as her body shook in fear, almost as if she was having a seizure. Her heart beat quickens as she hyperventilating before a small squeak left her mouth. "Guys... I can't- " her eyes rolled at the back of her head before as her lifeless body swayed from sided to side, almost losing her balance.

Jaemin ran to her side to hold her still, her temperature rising fast, hitting 30 degrees celsius. Her eyes slowly closed, Jaemin shaking her arms and patting her face lightly as she was slowly losing consciousness. "Wake up! Jaerin... you have to wake up" cried Jaemin, almost whispering the last few words, his voice cracking. A single tear left the corner of her eye. Her colourless skin had Jaemin's tears painted on, as everyone's expressionless face turned shocked.

The man sat on the floor with his hand still wrapped around his now infected wound, smirking as he watched her helpless body droop to the floor.
____________________________________

u n e d i t e d

Thoughts??