☾ chapter 17

Author's POV

They all sat in the car going towards their destination. Haechan looked out of the window as the cool breeze hit his tanned skin.

The car stopped, signalling that they've reached. They all stepped out of the car and Taeyong spoke, "I want all of you to stay here. Get yourselves ready. Pick up your ear pieces and put them in, I don't want any of you disappearing and getting injured." They all nodded. "You especially Haechan. After last time, I don't know if you could survive this one." he continued.

Haechan nodded and gulped. His words trapped in his throat as his breath hitched. He couldn't lose this opportunity and end up on the side lines for life.

They stood in front of a 70 foot building. Cloths draped across the windows, almost hiding the unleashed monsters that lurked around.

The building stood in the middle of a dry grass field. The twisted branches of the trees waiting to devour the presence of human life.

They walked closer and closer to the abandoned building. Knowing that danger was to come their way, they prepared the weapons and their skills.

Taeyong stepped on the creaking floorboards of the porch. The light illuminated almost immediately. Haechan walked and stood never to Taeyong, exchanging looks and nodding. They were prepared for anything that came their way.

<Donghyuck's POV>

We got out of the car and me and Taeyong exchanged looks. He's caring but very intimidating since last time I injured myself.

We walked towards the abandoned base, the creaking floorboards overplaying on my mind. I was ready for my second and hopefully not last battle. I took a deep breath and slowly turned the knob of the door, increasing the intensity of my heart rate.

The first of my thoughts were Jaerin; I need to stay safe for her.

<time skip>

I stepped back, balancing my weight on my left foot, and threw my right fist out in a curved punch at his temple. Turning ninety degrees to the side, he brought his right forearm up to counter the blow, formed a fist with his left, and threw it at my outstretched jaw. I was in trouble.

Gun shots pulled me back out of a trance as I glanced at Taeyong who looked at me with pure distress and sorrow in his eyes. He turned back pulling the man to his feet, almost tearing the collar.

I looked up at the man who started deep into my brown orbs, sneakily smirking at my tired body. I got up and held him by the collar as I grabbed the gun from my back pocket, pointing to his temple.

His eyes widened, not expecting me to backfire his plan with his head at gun point. He strighked to stand as he looked at me with a black eye and half his face swollen from the stitches in his cheek.

I chuckled, admiring the beautiful art I had painted on his sinful face. I turned my head looking through his deep blue ocean eyes as I smiled. "Hmm...how would you like to die, huh?" I questioned, whispering in my victims ear. The gun was still firmly in my hold as the man looked at me in despair. My arm was wrapped around his neck in a headlock.

I cackled at the amusing sight.

"S-s-sorry..." he whispered.

"Huh?! I can't hear you, speak LOUDER!" I looked at him, a grin spread across my face.

Taeyong walked over to me and ripped me off of the dude. I smiled and lifted my gun once again. I looked at Taeyong for approval, once he nodded agreeingly, I shot him.

I didn't miss.

The man lay in Taeyong's arms until he shook the man off of him and kicked his head once it came in contact with the concrete floor.

The unknown man lay on the floor with his hand gripped onto the side of his stomach. I shrugged my shoulders and made way for the car along with Taeyong, Johnny, Jaehyun and Yuta.

I sat in the passengers seat and rested my head. "Good work everyone. Especially you Haechan, but when you get home I'd like you to disinfect your injuries."

I hummed in reply as I slowly drifted off to sleep, Yuta driving the car.

<Jaerin's POV>

It's already been 30 minutes since Donghyuck has left. When's he coming back? Is he in danger? Questions flooded my mind as I paved around the living room.

Renjun saw me worriedly pacing around and smirked.

I noticed his presence and turned around. "Want any food?" he asked, pointing at the food that laid on the table.

I nodded agreeing. I didn't realise I hadn't had any food for the last couple of hours.

3 hours has passed...

Hyuck and the others weren't back from their mission yet. Are they in danger? My heart palpitated anxiously as I heard a loud knock on the door. I rushed to opened the door to see 5 injured men standing before me.

Taeyong looked much decent compared to Yuta, Johnny and Jaehyun but Hyuck...looked terrible. The all walked around me and Haechan collapsed in my arms. I could sense his tiredness from miles away.

I small smile was spread across my face as his head snuggled in the crook of my neck, searching for warmth. I lifted his head to analyse the bruises and cuts that spread across his face.

I bought him to my room and sat him down. His back hit the soft mattress and he slowly closed his eyes. I rushed around the dorm in search for a first aid kit, finally finding it under the bed. Ugh the effort.

I soaked the cotton bud with saline solution and gently dabbed it on his wounds. His features glowed and his tanned skin and moles stood out. I carefully lifted his hand, applying a sterile dressing. He hissed in pain and tried to quickly move his hand away, avoiding contact with the sterilising solution.

I carefully put the first aid kit back to its original place as I hear soft snores leaving Donghyuck's mouth.

I tucked him into the bed and left the room. I walked over to the couch and laid there wondering about when I will carry on with my life or when I'd return to school. All my worries got the best of me and although I know I shouldn't be overthinking too much, I can't help it.

Author's POV

Jaerin's eyes slowly fluttered shut and small snores left her mouth.

Cute

The last word Jaerin heard before falling asleep, pushing it out of her mind.
____________________________________

u n e d i t e d

So...how is it?
Also don't forget to vote and comment 😉