17- Yami (Gura pt. 2)

I was probably in the Abyss for all of around ten minutes before I felt myself being sucked back into the human world.

My eyes widened as smokey black tendrils wrapped around my form and squeezed my essence back into human shape, then dragged me back across the dimensions to the human world.

I appeared in a dark space, under a black tarp and the only thing I could see was a female devil as pale as death with jet black hair.

Yami... The devil he had killed the human Thatch for...

She was staring at me, as if in a trance.

I reached out for her, but stopped as I felt the invisible chains of slavery once more clamp my soul to a human, but the sensation was different...

Perhaps my Whitebeard had been revived and that was the reason I was dragged from the Abyss?

But no...

Those thoughts were canceled out as the tarp was removed and I was finally able to see my surroundings.

I was hovering over the most detestable human I once knew of: Marshall D. Teach. Behind me, my dear Edward Newgate was still standing, but undoubtedly dead.

So how in the world was I...?

My thoughts trailed off as the female devil floating next to me groaned and began to fall out of the air.

I caught her, and as I did I felt the invisible chains wrap around the two of us, making my eyes widen once more in realization.

Blackbeard... How was it possible for him to be the master of two powerful devils?

Involuntarily, I felt my form change from what it was with Whitebeard.

My physical body aged to that of a young woman and my skin darkened to match Teach's skintone. Without even looking, I knew I had become a practical doppelganger of Yami.

Damn him! How could he have the capacity to hold such power?! I will have to ask Yami when she awoke...

----

My master ordered a tarp to cover Whitebeard and himself, inadvertently trapping myself in with them.

In the complete blackness I felt my power spike, as it always did in the dark.

I breathed deeply and sighed, but as I did I felt my body going rigid.

My eyes widened and I slid them down to my master.

Blackbeard was staring at me.

No, not possible... He was staring in my general direction...

But as he stared I felt my mind grow fuzzy and then black.

By the time I woke up, I was cradled in the arms of another devil. She looked exactly like me, other than her skin, hair, and eye color.

"Yami." She said down to me. "My name is Gura. Do you remember me?"

"Whitebeard's... devil?" I questioned, and she nodded.

"How am I here?" She demanded in a stern voice. "What did you do?"

I stared up at her in confusion. 'I don't know... what did I do?'

Her new face glared down at me, but I felt my mind grow foggy again.

"Yami." She growled, shaking my body. "Yami!"

My head rolled back and I could hear no more.

My energy felt as though it was being stolen from me and through the fuzziness blanketing my vision, I could see my master, Teach, using my power without my permission.

My only thought as I once more faded into darkness was: 'How?'