11- Feni

I stared at the young devils all around the Moby Dick, the ship on which my master lived.

Even Gura, though more powerful than I, was a child in my eyes.

"Hey Feni!" Mera called from across the deck as his human, Ace, called mine over.

Marco began to make his way over to the other humans while Mera flew my way.

"What do you want, child?" I asked emotionlessly.

When you live to be my age, emotions tend to fade away.

Mera pouted. "Why are you always such a stick in the mud?" He whined, making me roll my eyes slightly. "You should come hang out with the rest of us! Jozu's devil, Dai, and I have a bet going on to see who falls off the ship first. My bet's on Ace!"

I sighed and rested my head in my hand for a minute, my blue bangs falling into my face.

"I wish not to play with you children. Now leave me be and go see to your master." I waved the young devil off and he pouted once more before flying back to Ace.

"Why must you drive everyone away?" An emotionless female voice came from behind me.

I turned to find Gura floating behind me, occasionally glancing at Whitebeard as his nurses fussed about him.

"You should understand well, child." I muttered lowly. "Having knowledge that you know could ruin every devil who hears it... I learned long ago that it is better to stay on my own."

Gura stared at me for a moment with those childish eyes of hers before nodding in acceptance and flying back to her master, who visibly calmed when she began to float above his broad shoulders.

I sighed and began following my own master as he made his way to his room.

Marco wasn't the worst master I ever had, but I still wasn't entirely fond of humans, even knowing the history between our species.

Ordinary devils don't know the reason for our 'punishment', but legendary ones such as I (who have lived much longer than most) know the truth.

Our 'punishment' is actually our salvation.

But I will say no more, for fear that others may discover the secret to our slavery.

My part is done.

Though perhaps one day the others will learn...

{Feni: Feni-Feni no Mi (Phoenix-Phoenix Fruit)
Dai: Dai-Dai no Mi (Diamond-Diamond Fruit) [I made both names up since we don't know the names of their fruits]}