18- Moku

"Duuude... What if, like, the humans can't see us... because... they don't want to see us?"

I blew out a stream of smoke from my mouth and stared up at the sky with wide eyes as I floated on my back. The clouds looked so pretty...

"Duuuuuude..."

"Moku."

I didn't respond to the voice that called my name, too busy looking at the clouds.

"Moku!"

That one looks like a bunny...

"MOKU!"

I lazily tilted my head back and smiled at the upside down face I saw.

"Hey Ope! When did you get here, man? And why are you standing on the sky?"

The dude smacked his head and I laughed.

"Moku, I've been here. Our masters have been fighting for the last ten minutes."

I squinted at the dude in confusion and rubbed my bloodshot eyes. "Seriously?"

He nodded again and I couldn't help but snort in laughter and roll around in the air, only to fall out of the sky and land flat on my chest.

"Owwww!" I whined at the sudden pain in my chest, then looked down to see that...

"Whoa... Since when did I have boobs?!"

I heard Ope slap himself on the forehead again. "You've been changing genders the entire fight!"

I scrunched my face up in thought for a moment, trying to remember. "Oh yeah..."

Picking myself up and brushing myself off, I inhaled another lung full of the smoke that constantly surrounded my head and exhaled.

"Hey... If breathing in is called 'inhaling' then why isn't breathing out called 'outhaling'?"

Ope growled. "Because you're expelling all the carbon dioxide from your body and... Wait, why am I even explaining this to you?!"

I grinned and threw myself at the other devil, wrapping my arms around his neck and hanging there.

"Cuz I'm the only person you don't hate!"

"Get of of me you stupid stoner!"

"Or nawww!"

After a few minutes of struggling, the usually sadistic devil groaned and gave up.

I unhooked my arms from around his neck and wrapped them around his hips instead, pressing my face into his tummy.

"Opeeeeeee...! I'm hungryyyyy...!"

He groaned and I giggled as I felt it in my face.

"Hunger is a stupid human feeling. You're not human, so you're not hungry."

I gasped in despair and threw myself down on the ground.

"THEN WHAT AM I?! MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!!"

I heard Ope growl and slap himself once more.

"How in the name of hell did a human like Smoker of all people get you as his devil?"

I shrugged and pulled a stupid face. "He likes smoke. I like smoke. Just not the same smoke."

I stared at the clouds again and took another breath of smoke.

That one looks like a panda...

"Dude... What if I was a panda in a past life?"

"UGH! YOU DIDN'T HAVE A PAST LIFE--! You know what?! Fine! You want to see something interesting?! Watch!"

I sat up straight at the other devil's words and watched as he spread his 'room' of his own accord.

His master Law was standing over my master Smoker's body and looking up in confusion at the room as it spread to cover them and the human Tashigi.

"Shambles." Ope muttered, and I watched the personalities of Smoker and Tashigi switch.

As the two got up, disoriented, a shit-eating grin split my face as I watched them.

"HAHAHAHAHA!! SMOKER ISN'T SMOKER! SMOKER ISN'T SMOKER!!"

I laughed again and flew to cling to Ope's back.

"YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND NOW, OPE!!"

He huffed and crossed his arms. "Well maybe that will keep you occupied for a while and out of my hair." He murmured under his breath, but I could barely hear him as I had started laughing again.

{GUYS, DRUGS ARE BAD! Ok, just had to put that out there. I have never done drugs. Moku's personality was based off of my friend Max who came to school super high a few days ago.}