9- Bara

Oh no.

Someone's found me...

Please no! Please, don't eat my fruit!

I can't take it! I can't take the pain of constantly being torn to bits and sewn back together!

I can't see anything outside of my fruit, but I can hear what's going on.

A boy... He wants to sell me, not eat me! Thank goodness! At least that will buy me a little more time!

Wait, what's going on?!

No! NO!!

I was pulled out of my fruit just as a boy dressed like a clown with blue hair swallowed it whole.

"YOU IDIOT!!" I screamed, tears streaming from my solitary eye.

But of course he couldn't hear me...

The red headed boy with the straw hat that was with him, though... He looked up in confusion and cupped a hand around his ear.

For a fleeting second, I was hopeful that he had heard me, but after a moment he just shrugged and went back to arguing with my new master.

My years with Buggy were torture, just like they always are.

I'm not as powerful as most other devils. My illusions are not as great.

All devils are being punished by having to serve a human master, but I must have done something absolutely terrible in a past life, for my punishment is much more severe than any I know of.

Every time my master gets sliced, diced, or split apart, it's not entirely an illusion the humans will see.

It's me.

Practically every day while I wear the guise of my master, my body gets torn asunder, and every night I'm left to sew myself back together.

It's a painful existence that I don't want to go through any longer.

Please, somebody just peirce his heart so that I may go home!

Please, I don't think I can take this much longer...!

Please.... Somebody.....

Anybody....

Help me.

{Bara: Bara-Bara no Mi (Chop-Chop Fruit)}