69- Yomi

You know what sucks?

Everything.

Everything. Fucking. Sucks.

I was stuck with a singing bag of bones for like, 80 fucking years or something!

Why? Why me? Why do I have to be the one with this power?

I sighed in relief as Brook's soul finally fell asleep and I was free to move around again.

Stepping out of the skeleton I watched as the bones all collapsed into a heap before I plucked out the glowing green soul of my master and shoved it into the pocket of my tight black jeans.

I had to take it with me wherever I went just incase he woke up at some point in the night and realized that he couldn't move or whatever.

It's kinda fun being the only devil that can touch human souls.

Waking out of this shit boat's cabins, I completely ignored Gomu and went right out onto the grassy deck.

It only took me a second to spot Hito.

The little brat was on his toes leaning over the railing, a sort of melencholy smile on his childish face.

"Nice night, huh?" I wondered, looking up at the stars.

Honestly, I thought they sucked. I've seen them for far too long and they were just balls of burning gas billions of miles away. What was the point in looking at them?

But his little face just lit up like the stars and he beamed up at me. "Yup!"

This kid...

Devils can develop relationships between each other, but we are not born with families and shit like humans are.

Hito... He was like a little brother to me.

Outcasts need to stick together, ya know?

"How's that little reindeer of yours doing?" I asked, leaning against the railing next to Hito and staring down at the ocean with him.

Another thing I didn't understand why he liked.

Sure, we can kill our masters in it and go home, but he sees some sort of beauty in it instead of just a means to an end.

"He's good!" The tiny devil squeaked happily. "What about the um... skeleton?"

I grinned sharply at that and pulled Brook's soul out of my pocket.

"Yeah, he's doin alright. Relatively speaking, that is."

I started juggling the glowing green thing and tossing it around like a yoyo, which made Hito giggle like a little kid.

I knew that he liked it when I did tricks like that, so it was easy to start laughing along with him.

After a little bit Hanna came floating out of the womens' quarters with a grumpy look.

"Will you two shut up?" She growled. "Some devils are trying to sleep here."

Hito's eyes widened and he stuttered out several apologies before Hanna decided to just go back to bed.

I snickered under my breath as the female devil floated back inside, but sighed anyway and tucked Brook's soul back into my pocket.

Hito had gone back to looking at the reflections of the stars in the ocean's deep blue waters and was quietly pointing out all the constellations so me.

I stared at the little devil with a small smile on my lips.

If it's for him I can like the stars...

{Yomi: Yomi-Yomi no Mi (Revive Revive Fruit)}