84- Oto

"WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY MY FATHER TOOK ME INTO THE CITY TO SEE A MARCHING BAND!"

I jumped up onto the table and held into my headphones as I belted out the song.

"HE SAID 'SON WHEN YOU GROW UP, WOULD YOU BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE BROKEN, THE BEATEN, AND THE DAMNED'!"

Magne let out a cackle, her metal arm creaking from the shaking of her shoulders. Budo just rolled her eyes.

I jumped up into an awesome air guitar solo and Budo sighed. How a doll can sigh, I have no idea.

"Please do act your age, Oto. You're only embarrassing yourself and your master."

I pouted as she and her master, Basil Hawkins, shared an almost unnoticeable look. Both of them rolled their eyes.

As Magne's master, Eustass Kid, began shouting at Hawkins for rolling his eyes at him, I flew over to the doll devil and flipped upside down.

"Hellooo." I sang, poking her in the cheek. "It's meee."

Magne gasped and clapped her hands. "Oh! I actually know that one!"

I flew up to her and threw my arm around her shoulders as we both sang the most known line together. "HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIDE! I MUST HAVE CALLED A THOUSAND TIIIMES!"

Budo rolled her eyes yet again, crossing her wooden arms over her chest. "Even I know that that song is completely overdone. Now sit down and act your ages."

Magne and I both pouted.

"But we're just a couple of kids!" My friend whined and we both gave the older looking devil a pout, but her wooden glare had us shutting up almost immediately.

I sat back down in my seat next to Apoo silently and hung my head in scolded shame.

Budo's master, Hawkins, had requested an extra three seats be brought in and, although it was a kind gesture (for a human), it was an unnecessary one. Budo seemed to prefer it to floating, though

I tried to sit still, I really did, but the music flowing through my head was just so damn catchy.

It started out as just drumming my fingers on the table to the beat. That soon escalated to tapping my feet on the floor.

Magne had long since fallen asleep, her head on the table and drool spilling out of her mouth. Budo was paying attention to the humans' meeting (plans to overthrow Red-Hair Shanks, I think) and not paying attention to me at all.

Basil Hawkins gave me a dead eyed stare from across the table, shaking his head ever so slightly.

I bit my lip as I squirmed in my chair.

The human shook his head again, as if saying 'don't you dare do what I think you're going to do'.

I squeezed my eyes shut and gripped the sides of my chair, but oh the chorus just had to come up.

"I CHIMED IN WITH A 'HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF CLOSING THE GODDAMN DOOR', NO. IT'S MUCH BETTER TO FACE THESE KINDS IF THINGS WITH A SENSE OF POISE AND RATIONALITY!" I finally blurted out, once more jumping up onto the table.

A burst of music filled the room and my master, Scratchmen Apoo, jumped in shock, the action causing him to fall back in his chair.

At the same time, Magne woke up with a surprised shout. Every loose piece of metal around the room was repelled away from her almost immediately, and Eustass Kid was sent flying into a wall by his metal arm.

Budo jumped as well and little straw voodoo dolls rained down from the ceiling, landing in heaps around my feet as I continued to sing.

"I CHIMED IN, 'HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF CLOSING THE GODDAMN DOOR', NO. IT'S MUCH BETTER TO FACE THESE KINDS IF THINGS WITH A SENSE OF-"

Before I could get any further, both Magne and Budo had me pinned to the table with a voodoo doll stuffed into my mouth.

With a curse, Budo tried to take my headphones off, but discovered all too quickly that they were a part of my body.

Our masters all began to right themselves as Magne let out a groan.

"You know Oto, I'm usually okay with you singing all the time, but that wasn't cool. Is every word out of your mouth song lyrics?"

I thought about it for a second then nodded.

"What the fuck was that?" I heard Eustass Kid growl, followed by a bunch of incoherent mumbling from my master.

Hawkins just rolled his eyes once again and stood from his chair.

"I do not believe it wise for our devils to stick around much longer together," he commented, glaring at both me and Apoo. "There is a 75% chance of the building collapsing, so I will be taking my leave. Come, Budo."

The voodoo doll devil gave me one last glare before following her master out of the room.

I spat out the voodoo doll in my mouth and sat up on the table, crossing my arms and glaring at Magne who was still giggling a little at the sight.

"I'm not here for your entertainment." I huffed. "You don't really wanna mess with me tonight."

Magne scoffed. "After that stunt, yeah, I think I do."

I glared at her. "This is your last warning, a courtesy call."

"Honestly, do you even know how to speak properly?"

"I don't give a fuck what you think about it! I'd just as well kill you today!"

Magne jumped up onto the table with a snarl and I mirrored her actions.

"Oh, you wanna go again?" The magnetic devil growled. "I'm pretty sure I kicked your butt on Shabondy."

I leapt at her with a trumpet blare and tackled her onto the table, holding her down by her shoulders as she tried using her powers.

"Now dance, fucker, dance!" I hissed.

Magne was just about to let loose a torrent of metal projectiles, when Budo's voice came from the doorway.

"I leave for less than five minutes and look at you two." She hissed as my ex-friend and I tore apart.

We crossed our arms and pouted, refusing to look at each other.

"She started it..." Magne mumbled.

"There is no reconciliation that will put me in my place." I stated proudly.

Budo's glare deepened and the two of us both flinced.

After a few seconds, I turned to Magne and sighed. "I don't hate you, boy, I just wanna save you while there's still something left to save."

Magne shrugged. "I don't really think that was the best choice of lyrics, but thanks. I don't hate you either."

I smiled and hugged my fellow devil.

"Here's to the friends that were alibis." I told her.

Budo groaned and I heard her face paling herself. "I swear, I hate you both..."

{Oto: Oto-Oto no Mi (Sound-Sound Fruit) [I made the name up]}

{Songs used in this (in order):
Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical Romance
Hello- Adele
I Write Sins Not Tragedies- Panic! At the Disco
U+Ur Hand- Pink
Courtesy Call- Thousand Foot Krutch
Murder Melody- Cult to Follow
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid- The Offspring
Savior- Rise Against
Friends and Alibis- Escape the Fate}
...
{This chapter turned out to be much longer than I thought it would be...}