82- Nenrei

Youth, vitality, beauty.

Why other devils pretend to have such things has always been a mystery to me.

We have no such qualities as a species, and yet most every devils clings to these features like a lifeline.

Youth; we have lived over many centuries.

Vitality; some of us are already fading away.

Beauty; there is hardly anything beautiful about us.

We are vain creatures, us devils, and thus prone to cling to a younger, usually more sensual, appearance.

I do not lie as they do.

I do not pretend to be a child, I do not change the way I look to fit my master, I do not give off the sensual air of a devil.

Instead I choose to be ugly, repulsive, shriveled up and dried out like a corpse.

I am not ashamed of my appearance. Not in the slightest. In fact, in my own way, I believe myself appealing to the eye.

With the right features a corpse can indeed be handsome.

It is because of my beliefs that I find my power as a devil to be repulsive.

Manipulating the ages of humans, making them to young or too old to fight.

And then there is my master, the young, pretty, horrifically gluttonous, Jewlery Bonney.

She wields my power far too frequently and I lothe her for it. Constantly keeping up that child-like metabolism so that she can stuff her face without getting fat. Ugh.

Humans like her sicken me. Devils like her sicken me.

I may not be the oldest of us, but I've been around long enough to realize that humans and devils are not as different as most people think.

And I hate them all for it.

Everyone, devil and human alike.

I despise them all.

{Nenrei-Nenrei no Mi (Age-Age Fruit) I made up the name as it's not known.}