━━━━ v

BEFORE THIS CHAPTER STARTS THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 10K READS. YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY DONT KNOW HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO ME THAT YOU LIKE THE BOOK. IM GOING TO BE SO SAD WHEN IT ENDS (don't worry, there's still like 20 something chapters to go) BUT DONT WORRY BECAUSE IM WORKING ON A FEW OTHER BOOKS THATLL HOPEFULLY START RIGHT AFTER THIS ONE. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT , NOW ENJOY CHAPTER 5!!!

TWO WEEKS AFTER leah returned home, and she spent an unlawful amount of time with the entire team to catch up, there was finally a case

TWO WEEKS AFTER leah returned home, and she spent an unlawful amount of time with the entire team to catch up, there was finally a case. it was in virginia, so they didn't have to fly, but it was a case nonetheless.

yeah, she helped solve cases in england, but it wasn't the same without her team by her side.

so although the circumstances weren't great, considering there was a serial killer roaming free in a small town in virginia, she was excited.

after the briefing, the agents piled into three different cars- emily, leah, and derek; jj and spencer; rossi and hotch.

it was around a 2 hour drive, so conversation inevitably struck.

leah, emily and derek talked for around 30 minutes about the case, and then started talking about their own personal lives.

leah looked down at the necklace around her neck every few minutes, holding the pendant in her hand.

derek morgan, who was driving, took notice of this, and after debating it for a few minutes, decided to question it.

"that's a nice necklace, gray," derek said. "where'd you get it?"

"oh," leah's faced flushed a bit, as she looked down at the necklace. "spencer got it for me."

"no way!" emily laughed from the backseat of the car. "i knew it!"

"knew what?" leah questioned her.

"that you guys are dating!"

"what?" leah turned around to face emily, quickly, her face turning beet red. "we are not!"

"then why'd he get you a necklace?"

"he got it a long time ago," leah said, calming down. "he got it before the incident, he just never got the chance to give it to me."

"oh, so you're not dating- yet."

"no, prentiss. we're best friends, and that's all. that's what the necklace is for- it's a friendship necklace."