━━━━ xxvi

IT WOULD TAKE only 30 minutes to get to the warehouse where leah was held from the bureau

during that time, jason hit leah- slapping her face over and over and not stopping until 10 minutes later.

he then left, and greg walked in.

greg didn't do anything. he just watched leah as she winced and winced in pain.

she looked up at greg, making eye contact with him.

"can't you let me go?" leah asked him, gently.

greg didn't respond.

"greg, please. if you let me go, if you don't hurt my friends- it could be just me and you."

greg's eyes widened a bit with hope. "really?"

"yes, really! please just set me free and leave my friends al-"

"no!" greg shouted, standing up. "they're not your friends. they're obstacles! you don't need them, leah. you need me."

"yes, greg- just please don't hurt them-"

"no, i should hurt them! they think they could take you from me!"

"then let me go and we'll go somewhere together- no one else has to know."

greg didn't say anything, then took something out of his pocket. it was a knife. he quickly walked over towards leah, making her think he was going to hurt her.

instead, he cut the ropes from her hands, but left her feet tied together.

since he was leaned over her to cut her hands, leah lifted her legs and kicked him, knocking him over.

she stood up, trying her best to get away from him- but he stood up quickly, grabbing her.

"no!" leah screamed. "let me go!"

"let her go!" a voice echoed through the warehouse as the door was slammed open.

greg quickly grabbed leah, holding her against him, taking a gun out of his other pocket and holding it towards the direction of the voice.

it was hotch. and morgan, and emily, and jj, and rossi. and spencer.

they all had guns pointed towards greg.

"let her go," hotch said calmly, "and lower your weapon."

greg then changed his aim from the agents to leah, putting the gun against her head.

"take one more step and i'll shoot," greg said.

hotch and the other agents hesitantly put their guns on the floor, and rose back up with their hands up.

"we don't want to hurt you," hotch said, trying to negotiate. "we just want you to let leah go."

"no!" greg yelled at him. "i've waited so long, you think i'm going to let her go that easily?"