━━━━ xi

"THANK YOU SO much for this, spencer," leah told him as she dragged her chair over to his desk

almost everyone had left the building, leaving only her, spencer, and david rossi.

"no problem, leah," he responded.

leah had printed the pictures she took on her phone, and gave them to spencer.

"so this one," leah said, holding up the picture of what she thought was some type of plant, "i think this is some type of flower, like a tulip- or, wait. it kind of looks like a lily."

"yeah, it does- but do you see little splotches over here?" spencer pointed to a certain spot in the picture. "these make me think the drawing was pretty rushed- like someone didn't have a lot of time to draw it."

leah nodded, agreeing with this- knowing that when she first looked at the drawing, she thought it looked rushed as well. "but this one," she picked up the other paper; the one with the circle made of little lines. "i don't know why, but i feel like i've seen this before."

spencer furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the figure. "jesus christ, what do you think it's supposed to be?"

"i'm not sure, but maybe it's some sort- wait, what did you say?"

"i said 'what do to you think it's-"

"no, before that!"

"what, 'jesus christ'?"

"that's the one!" leah jumped out of her chair over to her desk to look up something on her computer. "i knew it!"

spencer walked over to her desk, looking at what she was researching. "the crown of thorns?"

"yeah, i remember reading about it online somewhere. the crown of thorns is a religious symbol for pain, i think it relates to easter- like, right before they crucified jesus."

"do you think the lily has some type of meaning too, then?"

"maybe," leah responded, looking up what the lily meant in christianity. "well, it says here the lily represents innocence and purity. do you think it means agnes was- innocent?"

"maybe, but innocent referring to what? also, isn't easter the rebirth of christ? do you think what happened to her wasn't an accident?"

"what do you mean? you think someone killed her?"

"well, maybe- and if someone did, maybe the person who killed her has killed before."

leah looked over at him, making eye contact. "what now?"

"well, at the funeral, did you see anyone suspicious, or maybe someone you recognized?"

"no, everyone looked genuinely upset. i didn't recognize anyone. it's kind of weird though.."

"what's weird?"

"it felt like something- someone was missing. i don't know, it felt like someone should've been there but, they weren't."

spencer looked at her, slightly confused. he sighed. "hey, you should get home. you've had a long night."

"but what about the-"

"i'll look into it when i get home. i promise. just- let me take you home."

leah looked at him, sighing. "fine."

they walked out of the building and towards spencer's car. leah was in the habit of walking to work every morning, even though she owned her own car. so this ride will be... something.

"what's your address?" spencer asked her.

leah told him, and spencer started to drive. "you actually live kind of close to my place, leah."

"oh really? how far?"

"six minutes and 34 seconds."

leah looked at him with a smirk on her face, happy that he answered so seriously. she started laughing, spencer awkwardly joining in moments later.

"want to put on some music?" he asked her.

"sure."

spencer granted her access to his radio, allowing her to choose any station she wanted. she skimmed for about 30 seconds until a song she recognized started playing. "no way," leah smiled widely.

spencer looked at her for a moment, starting to listen to the song. as he also recognized what it was, he tilTed his head back and groaned, a smile on his face.

"her name is noelle..!"