━━━━ xxi

TODAY WAS THE day

TODAY WAS THE day.

remember to BREATHE, but...

leah and spencer were finally getting married.

i know! it's about time, right?

but in all seriousness- don't you think these two deserve it? after everything they've been through, i'm so glad to finally announce that they're about to tie the knot. what could go wrong?

well...

no, i'm just kidding. we're over all the conflict for this story. these two deserve their happy ending.

they were both equally as nervous...

"i cant believe this is actually happening..." leah said to emily, garcia and jj, out of breath and on the verge of hyperventilating.

"relax, gray," emily told her. "it's your big day, you know you want this, there's no need to be nervous."

"y-yeah, i know, i just can't help it. after everything... i just want this to be ... perfect."

jj sighed, "and it will be. trust us."

"you need to relax, pretty boy," derek told spencer. "today's the day, and it's going to be perfect- you know that right?"

"i know morgan it's just," spencer spluttered out. "after everything-"

"everything going to be fine, reid. take a deep breath. and we'll walk out when you're ready."

the ceremony was taking place at a nice chapel which was right across the street from where the actual reception would me- a huge country club-type building that was already set up for the party.

spencer and morgan walked out of the back of the chapel and towards where the actual ceremony would take place. the priest that would officiate the wedding was there, as was all the invited guests.

"derek just texted me," garcia said. "they're ready when you are. are you ready?"

leah took a deep breath with her eyes closed before answering. "yes."

and so everyone got into position. the bridesmaids joined morgan and spencer by the priest, while henry, their ring barer, and garcia, their flower girl (i know, iconic) walked down the isle together first. and then leah started following.

she had no veil because she didn't want one, and thank god her heels were short and the dress wasn't very long (so she wouldn't trip.)

as soon as spencer looked up, he couldn't breathe. she looked... wow. he couldn't believe this was the woman who agreed to marry him. he teared up a little too, he couldn't believe this day was finally happening.

when leah finally got to him, she took a deep breath. "you nervous?"

spencer nodded a bit, "yeah."

"me too."

they both laughed a bit, before the priest began.

"we are gathered here today to celebrate the love of-"

BORING! let's skip to the good part.

"spencer reid," leah started her vows. "never did i ever think we would ever be here. way back when, you were nothing more than my best friend- someone i spent every living moment with when i could. and now, here i am, standing in front of you about to marry you. if you were to tell me 2 years ago if i would be here, i wouldn't have believed you. but here we are. when we first met, i had the biggest crush on you- you could ask garcia-"

"it's true!" garcia yelled. everyone laughed.

"-but i was too scared to be anything back then. and then... you know, i had to go away for a while, but not once did you leave my mind, and i spent hours at night thinking if we could've ever been anything more. and when we were finally reconnected, part of me knew that we would fall in love. you mean the absolute world to me and i wouldn't be the person i am today without you."

spencer took a deep breath, wiping away his tears before smiling again and starting.

"i never thought i'd see the day where i'd be marrying you, honestly. the second i met you, i knew you were different, as cliche as that sounds. you were so...selfless, and had so much passion. morgan teased me about how much i talked about you...seems like you weren't the only one with a secret crush back then. when you left, my heart broke- it was like that for a long time. and then you came back, and you just put all the pieces of it back together again. and, back then, morgan used to describe you all the time as 'my dream girl'- and i actually disagree. you're better than any version of my dream girl- you're real."

leah was almost balling at this point. she wiped her tears away, saying "jesus christ, can we get onto the next thing? i think i've cried enough for every single person here."

everyone laughed once again, and so the priest went on.

"alright," the priest started. "do you, leah gray, take spencer reid to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"of course i do," she smiled through her tears.

"and do you, spencer reid-"

"i do."

"well, by all the power vested in me, i now pronounce you husband and wife. you may now kiss the bride."

spencer took her arm and spun her around into his arms, then took her face in his hands and finally kissed her.

music started playing once more, and the guests all applauded.

when the 30 seconds of music ended, leah yelled what everyone had waited for the entire ceremony:

"okay everyone! let's go across the street; and have the best night of our lives!"