━━━━ iii

WHEN LEAH WOKE up, the memories of that day's events came flooding back to her

WHEN LEAH WOKE up, the memories of that day's events came flooding back to her. she hated being under anesthesia, and whenever it was objected into her system, she always passed out.

she was okay, though. she was lucky the cold and silver bullet had only grazed her arm slightly, and that the wound could have been easily treated to.

she looked to her left to see aaron hotchner sitting there with the man that arrested her.

"hey," she said softly.

they both looked up at her and quickly stood up, walking over to her bedside.

"hey," aaron smiled at her. "how are you feeling?"

"i'm good." "really? because you took a bullet for me, leah. you may be fine physically, but are you insane?"

"oh, shut up, aaron. i would've taken a bullet for you any day."

all he did was sigh, and walk away from her bedside running a hand through his hair.

she then looked at the other man who stood by her bedside. "who are you?"

"derek morgan, nice to meet you."

she raised her hand up, which he took and shook it firmly. "the one that broke my door."

he looked down and smiled sheepishly. "yeah, sorry about that."

she shook her head with a smile on her face. "you'll find some way to make it up to me."

"is that right?"

before leah could respond, another man walked in, and she knew it was spencer reid.

"hey spencer," she said with a smile as she waved her hand in his direction.

"hi leah," he responded. "how are you feeling?"

"i'm good, and aaron, i honestly don't know why you're making a big deal out of this. you know me, you should've expected this from me at some point."

aaron turned to face her, wanting to argue, but knowing he would lose.

"that doesn't mean i want you to take a bullet for me, leah," he started. "i can take care of myself."

she rolled her eyes playfully at him. "you can try to. but i'll always be here to take another bullet for you. besides, maybe this one will leave a better scar than these."

leah removed the blanket from her legs. reid and morgan's eyes widened as they saw dark red swelling that covered half of both of her legs, the skin around it almost black.

"okay, okay," hotch said. "that's enough. i told you i hate seeing those burns."

"yeah, i know," leah laughed. "i just live to annoy you."