━━━━ xviii

THE CEREMONY WAS beautiful

THE CEREMONY WAS beautiful. leah had no doubt it would be.

when she had told derek morgan that she would go as spencer's plus one instead of his, he was more than ecstatic. he took this as another opportunity to torture leah with teases, and he had made sure to include emily prentiss on said teasing.

leah was nervous, and she didn't know why. well, of course she knew why; she was going on a date with spencer reid- but that doesn't mean she didn't like feeling this nervous.

she was also very excited though. she had never really been on a date with a friend before, and she liked spencer a lot- mix that with an amazing wedding reception and alcohol and this night looks perfect (that is, if she remembers it the next morning.)

the ceremony took place almost two hours away from the actual reception, so all of the bau agents chipped in to rent a 12 passenger van to drive there. and somehow, they convinced derek morgan to drive.

the ride wasn't very eventful. they all talked most of the time, about the ceremony they just witnessed, about work, really anything they could think of.

spencer and leah talked alone together as well, though. they got to know each other more than they already had, and let's just say, leah will never let spencer forget about his make out session with lila archer that happened years ago. (but lowkey does anyone else like- hate lila? just me? okay)

but yes, of course, they were teased for going out together that night. while mostly by derek and emily, claiming they call being the godparents of their first child, garcia, hotch, and even david rossi teased them a bit. garcia called being the maid of honor, while hotch and david rossi just talked about how happy they were boy wonder finally found a keeper.

they both ignored them, though. yes, while the teasing was all fun and games, excessive amounts of it at once can be pretty annoying, and both leah and spencer didn't want their night to be ruined because of this. so, they talked over the teasing, and eventually, by the end of the car ride, the teasing had stopped.

they arrived at a hotel- a very, very nice one. jj had already gone to the reception to take pictures, so the rest of the bau members were going to their hotel rooms just to prep for the party.

"we're here for jennifer jareau?" derek morgan told the guy at the front desk. he asked for all of their names and then proceeded to hand them all 12 different key cards, 2 for each room.

"wait," spencer said. "there's only 6 rooms, there are 7 of us."

leah raised her eyebrows in confusion at the guy at the desk. he told them all there were only 6 out of 7 of those names listed.

leah closed her eyes in realization. she was a plus one- she didn't have an actual invitation, meaning she didn't have an actual hotel room.

she opened her eyes once more, looking at the man again. "are they any rooms available tonight?"

"oh, come on, leah," derek said. "you can just share a room with someone."

"yeah, don't be ridiculous," emily said, walking over to her, handing her her spare room key. "you can stay with me tonight."

"are you sure emily?" leah asked her, feeling a bit bad.

"of course, leah! and there's two beds in every room, so don't worry about that."

leah smiled, mouthing a "thank you" to her as everyone started to go to their hotel rooms.

𖥸

𖥸

all of the rooms were generally close to each other, and the rooms contained two queen sized beds, a gorgeous bathroom, a flat screen tv and a table with chairs.

"so, excited for your date?" emily asked as she closed the door to their room.

"it's not a date," leah said back. yes it was, was what she said to herself after saying that. her and spencer confirmed this more than once- the first time being when he asked her to be his plus one in the first place, another being when she asked if it was a date, and him saying yes- and another time last night, just to make sure leah hadn't made it up in her head.

"that's cute-," emily said to her, beginning to fix up her makeup in the mirror. "-you thinking you can lie to me and i won't be able to notice."

"i don't see how me having a date with spencer reid is a big deal to you all anyways."

emily turned to face leah, "so it is a date?"

leah opened her mouth to say something, but just ended up sighing.

"i knew it!" emily yelled.

"would you shut up?" leah laughed at her. "he's across the hall!"

"fine. but i call once again call dibs on the being the godmother of your first child."

"emily, it's one date."

"yes, which will lead to another, which will lead to another, which will lead to him eventually very awkwardly asking you to be his girlfriend- fast forward a few years and i'm a maid of honor."

there was a knock at the door. emily was changing her earrings in the bathroom mirror, so leah stood up from one of the chairs to answer it.

"yeah, okay, emily," she started walking towards the door. "if me and spence magically fall deeply in love with each other and have a kid, you're the godmother."

by the time leah was finished with her sentence, her hand was on the doorknob. as soon as she said her last word, she opened the door to see spencer standing there.

shit, leah thought.

her eyes widened, her mouth opening a bit. "y-you didn't hear that did you?"

"hear what?" spencer raised his eyebrows.

leah just sighed in relief, shaking her head. emily started to laugh, making spencer even more confused.

after a few moments, one of them finally broke the silence.

"hey," leah smiled.

"hey," he smiled back. "you ready to go?"

"yeah, me and emily will meet you guys in the lobby."

"okay," spencer turned towards derek for a moment (who not-so-discreetly motioned his head towards leah while making eye contact with spencer) before turning back to her.

spencer took one of her hands in both of his. "i'll be waiting." he flashed her one more smile before letting go and walking over towards morgan.

leah closed the door, leaning on it as she closed it.

"and you tried to convince me it wasn't a date," emily said. "i'd like to see what morgan'll say now that he saw that."

"oh, shut up," leah shook her head. "now, come on. we have a wedding to Go to."