━━━━ xvi

TODAY WAS THE day

TODAY WAS THE day.

spencer was moving into leah's house today! they were slowly growing one step at a time.

who knows? engagement might be next. or maybe even pregnancy. only time will tell.

honestly, would we even be surprised if they went to vegas and eloped? i certainly wouldn't be.

but that's in the future, so let's get back to today. yes, today was the day spencer was moving in to leah's house!

but surprisingly, that wasn't all that was happening today.

today was also the day leah would finally give spencer the letters she wrote to him while she was away.

she wasn't as nervous. spencer knew how much she loved him- he just didn't know that she loved him for this long.

the entire bau wanted to help move spencer in- just to get the job done quicker and be able to have a housewarming party afterwards.

the movers had already packed spencer's stuff into a truck that was currently on their way to leah's house. spencer rode with them in the truck, a bit antsy about the events that would partake today.

leah was waiting on the couch when she heard the doorbell ring.

"hey!" leah smiled at jj and emily as they entered the house, both of them hugging her.

"hey, gray!" emily laughed. "you excited for the big day?"

"couldn't be happier," leah smiled widely. it was true, spencer was the light in her life. the only good thing.

around 30 minutes later, derek, garcia, hotch and rossi had arrived and they all stood outside on the sidewalk as the moving truck moved into the driveway.

spencer hopped out of the car and ran up to leah.

"hey," he smiled, pulling her in for a kiss.

"okay, lovebirds," derek joked. "can we save this for after we finish unpacking?"

leah and spencer smirked at derek, knowing he felt a pinch of jealously every time the two displayed any form of affection in front of him. but nonetheless, everyone started taking the boxes from the back of the truck and moving them inside.

thank god most of leah's house was already furnished. it took around 2 hours before the house was completely finished. the only thing that really changed was that there was now a huge bookcase in the living room and a brand new dresser filled with spencer's clothes in their bedroom.

so now that the boring part is over, it was finally time to party.

leah took two bottles of wine from the fridge and placed them on the island that stood in her kitchen. everyone was sitting around the island with empty glasses in their hand.

and so they drank (not that much though!) and they sang, and they talked for hours on end.

everyone had really only had one small glass of wine considering they were all driving home that day.

"oh!" leah suddenly remembered. "spence, i have something for you, kind of like a housewarming gift."

leah ran upstairs quickly and opened one of her dresser drawers, taking a large box out. inside held every single letter she wrote while she was in britian.

she sighed happily as the memories came flooding back. of course her time there wasn't good, but at least now she was finally happy. and she was forever grateful.

she ran downstairs once more, the box in hand. she placed it on the island table and everyone, including spencer, started exchanging weird looks.

"what is it?" spencer picked the box up, moving it in front of him.

"open it," she looked at him lovingly.

and so he did, and inside he saw 411 pieces of paper folded over, each labeled with a number.

he pulled the paper that was labeled "1" out and looked at her. "i'm still confused."

leah looked at spencer and then at derek, and then did a quick scan of everyone else at the table.

"well," she started. "do you remember how i told you and derek that i wrote letters everyday while i was...away? and how i told you that they were all addressed to you? well, these are the letters."

spencer was shell shocked. he had totally forgotten about the letters that had haunted his dreams for 2 months before he finally let the thought go.

a few moments later, he smiled, quickly got up from his seat, grabbed the box and ran upstairs with it.

"i'll be right back!" he exclaimed.

the bau watched as he ran up the stairs with the box in his hand.

"the letters were to him?" derek asked her. "you never told me that."

"you never told me about any letters, period," emily stated. "why didn't you tell me?"

leah exchanged her gaze from the agents to the stairs that spencer just ran up, sighing happily.

"i don't know," she smiled.

and spencer read every word.

every word.

from the first "dear you" to the last "love, noelle reid." and after every word, he fell more in love with her. 

and of course, it had only taken him a total of 30 minutes to read all of the letters, since he read 20,000 words a minute.

so around a half an hour later, spencer ran downstairs and walked up to leah once more, cupping her face in his hands, totally forgetting about the other agents sitting in the same room.

"it's always been you, too," he said. "from the moment i met you, i knew. i knew it has been and always will be you."

leah had started tearing up at his words. as soon as he stopped speaking, she pulled him in for a hug and just held him for a few moments.

in that moment, the bau agents just watched as the two fell more in love with each other than they already were- and leah and spencer had not a care in the world who was in the room anymore.

all they cared about was each other- because they knew that no matter what happened, it would be them forever.