━━━━ xii

"I STILL CANNOT believe 'teenage dirtbag' was playing on the radio," leah told spencer, laughing as he pulled into a spot on the street in front of leah's building

"i know!" spencer responded. "as soon as i knew it was that song, i was-"

"so happy it was on?"

"yeah," spencer said to her sarcastically.

"i can't believe i've been working at the bau for a month already."

"me neither. i feel like it was only yesterday you brought me my coffee on your first day."

"that's because i bring you coffee every day."

"that is true."

all they did was laugh for a moment. "thanks for the ride, spencer reid."

"it's no problem, leah gray."

"would-would you want to come up and stay for dinner? i do kind of owe you for making you stay at work later."

"oh, no- i wouldn't want to intrude-"

"please? you've never been to my place before and i'll feel awfully bad if you don't stay."

he sighed. "i don't know..."

leah pouted at spencer and intertwined her hands together, repeatedly saying "please." spencer gave in a few moments later.

"i hate you."

"you love me."

leah and spencer made their way to leah's apartment.

"and this is a door, brought to you by the one and only derek morgan," leah told spencer as she took out her key and unlocked the door.

"it's... beautiful?" spencer responded, his answer sounding like a question.

"good answer."

leah placed her hand on the silver metal handle, but quickly pulled her hand back. "ow!"

"what's wrong?!" spencer asked, panicked.

"n-no don't worry, i just got shocked. i hate getting shocked."

finally, leah opened the door. "welcome to mi casa!"

spencer stepped in, looking around. the apartment looked very homey, and spencer especially like the bookcase in the corner that were filled with leah's favorite books.

"so, what are we eating?" spencer asked.

"do you care?" leah asked.

"not really, whatever you make is fine with me."

"or," leah picked up the phone and walked towards the couch. "we could order food and make life easier for both of us."

"sounds like a plan," spencer said, still standing in the same place.