━━━━ xvii

"THIS DOESN'T MAKE any sense!" leah yelled, frustrated

"THIS DOESN'T MAKE any sense!" leah yelled, frustrated. "i know that agnes's handwriting was never the best, but this is just scribbles!"

"hey," spencer walked over to her, grabbing her hands. "relax. we'll figure it out. for all we know it doesn't mean anything."

leah sighed, calming down, looking down at their intertwined hands. she unwillingly blushed at this. she's only known spencer for a little over a month- and they've become a lot closer in the last 4 weeks than leah had with anyone in her life.

of course it always annoyed her when derek and emily teased them about being head over heels in love with each other, and leah always denied it.

but truly, she herself didn't know.

she liked spencer, that much was obvious- they were great friends and he was an amazing guy. the only question was whether she liked him like that, in which she truly had no idea.

she's never been in love before, she's never really met a guy she had even a slight infatuation with (except for her big crush on draco malfoy from the harry potter books she read when she was in high school).

the only thing she knew was that she couldn't get spencer reid out of her head.

spencer followed leah's eyes to their hands, and quickly removed his from hers, not saying anything.

"i think we should just let it go," leah said suddenly.

"let what go?" spencer asked her, confused about what she was implying.

"the idea that agnes was murdered."

"but- but, wait, i thought it was you who thought she was-"

"i know, i know i was. it's just- i don't know. i think agnes would want to rest. you said it yourself, we don't even know if she was murdered. at the end of the day, agnes is still dead. she deserves to rest."

spencer sighed at her, not convinced that what she was saying was the real reason she didn't want to look farther into it.

however, he still agreed they would drop it there. "okay, leah. if that's what you want."

leah then wrapped her arms around him. over the month she's learned that spencer didn't really enjoy hugs- however, he never refused one from her.

"so," leah started, "want to watch a harry potter movie?"

"don't you remember what happened last time we did that?" spencer asked her, smiling.

"ha ha, come on, i'll let you choose which one."

"i would love to leah, but i really can't. i have to take my tux to the dry cleaners. jj's wedding is in a few days."

"oh, yeah," leah said, remembering. although she wasn't formally invited to jj's wedding considering she had just met her months after she sent out invitations, derek has given her his spot as his plus one.

"i'm so excited," leah said sarcastically.

"why do i not believe that?" spencer asked, confused. "do you not want to go?"

"oh, no, spence, i want to go! i just don't know how i feel about going as derek morgan's date."

"d-derek? you're going on a date with derek?"

"technically, yes- but it's not like that with me and derek. we're like brother and sister."

"oh, good."

leah smirked at him, furrowing her eyebrows in some sort of sarcastic confusion. "good? what do you mean by good?"

spencer looked at her with wide eyes. "oh, n-no, i didn't mean anything by it."

"what did you mean then?"

"i don't know, leah. i-i guess you can just do better than derek morgan."

"derek morgan is one of your best friend."

"derek morgan has not been in a real relationship in years. he hooks up with girls and doesn't remember their name the next morning."

leah laughed at him, knowing he was right. "very, very true." leah then thought of how to continue this banter, and blushed at the thought that came into her head.

however, when she asked the next question, she only blushed more. "who should i go with then?"

leah pursed her lips together and looked down at her hands which were intertwined as her elbows leaned on her table.

spencer didn't really know what to say at first. he opened his mouth as if to say something, but nothing came out. he remained speechless for a few moments, before chortling.

"well," he started, nervously. "you could go with me. you know, i-if you wanted to."

leah looked up at spencer again, seeing if he was serious or not. she blushed a lot harder than she did earlier- and she saw that he had done the same.

"spencer reid," leah smirked. "are you asking me out?"

"leah gray," spencer looked at her. "i think i just might be."

leah's eyes widened a bit, kind of taken by surprise at this small burst of confidence that spencer reid showed her.

"well, derek morgan will be crushed," leah started. spenceR laughed.

"but i'd love to."