━━━━ vii

"GOOD MORNING!" LEAH walked up to spencer's desk, hugging him from behind

it caught him off guard, but after he heard that it was her, he smiled and spun around in his chair to look at her.

"wow," derek said from his desk, looking over at the two. "someone's in a good mood."

leah smiled teasingly at derek, winking at him as she took a seat at her desk.

"yeah," spencer furrowed his eyebrows in a questioning look, "why are so happy?"

"oh, can i not be happy before 8 in the morning?" leah asked teasingly.

spencer stuttered, not understanding that it was a rhetorical question.

before he could answer, she cut him off. "no, actually, i have a date tonight," she said proudly.

"oooh," derek smirked at her teasingly. "so now you both have dates tonight."

"actually, no," spencer interjected, sounding a bit upset. "i actually- my date was cancelled."

"awe," leah looked at him with sad eyes, feeling bad. "why?"

"oh it just-" spencer looked down at his desk, "-didn't work out."

leah looked over at derek, wondering if he knew what had happened. however, he looked just as surprised.

instead of questioning it further, derek started to question leah's date.

"so," derek looked at leah. "what's his name? how'd you meet him?"

"well," she smiled. "his name is oliver walker, i met him at the bar last night with the girls. he's from england and has been living here for around three months."

"you sound really into him," spencer said with a straight face to her.

he seemed a bit off, but leah decided to ignore it. "he's gorgeous, too. he heard me tell the girls that i wanted to drown in his eyes- which was embarrassing, but that doesn't make it any less true."

derek laughed at the embarrassing story, while spencer just looked at her with a saddened look, not fazed by the funny thing the girl has said.

and she wondered what could have possibly been wrong.