━━━━ x

AGNES CAMPBELL WAS dead

she was found dead in her home, alone. they weren't sure how she died, but they assumed she had fallen and wasn't able to move or call for help.

leah adored her, and she was devastated when she found out she was dead. yeah, she knew that agnes wasn't the biggest fan of her for some reason- but she didn't care. she saw her as a sort of mother figure, and her work at the merge cafe were some of the best years of her life, even if she was parentless throughout most of them.

she went to the wake that next day. the only person she recognized there was agnes's husband- whom she hadn't seen since that one time in her senior year. of course, she was curious about the man, his eyes haunted her and always looked, well, dead- but she had only seen the man once, so she brushed all of the curiosity surrounding him off.

however, she couldn't ignore the fact that something was off about the setting. she felt as though something was out of place, or missing. someone was missing.

she didn't tell anyone at the bau why she left work early- just that she had some things to be taken care of.

she wore a black dress to the wake. she was alone there, as she always seemed to be.

it was odd, leah thought; how it seemed every single person in her life was now dead.

however, she was wrong. she lost her parents, she lost shayne, she lost her old boss.

but she had hotch. and she had spencer. and she had morgan, jj, garcia, prentiss, hell- she had david rossi.

she wasn't alone, she was never alone.

it was at that wake leah realized that no one was ever truly alone. there's always at least one person- one thing in someone's life; and as long as that thing remains, you will never truly be alone.

she smiled down at agnes as she said her goodbyes. of course, leah would miss her, but all leah thought when she stood over her dead body was the many things she taught her about life- like how hard it was to manage a cafe.

she wanted to remember all of the good times she had with agnes, even though there didn't seem to be many.

agnes looked beautiful in her sleep. she wore a dark blue dress and laid in a white casket surrounded by lilacs.

leah's smile soon faded though. she could've sworn agnes once told her-

wait a minute.

flashback