━━━━ xx

"THIS IS GOING to be the hardest decision i'll ever have to make, isn't it?" leah asked jj with a groan

"hey, it's not so bad," jj reassured her. "picking the wedding dress isn't as hard as it looks. it may take a while, but trust me- you'll know when you see it."

yes, today was the day. leah and her 3 lovely bridesmaids; jj, penelope and emily, were finally going shopping for a dress- the dress.

the bridesmaids were more than excited, but they couldn't say the same for leah. she was exhausted already, and going dress shopping for hours on end does NOT sound fun. along with that, she knows it'll be hard to not show spencer the dress she chose.

"hello! welcome to lotus bridal!" the woman at the entrance said. "are you guys here for the 'gray-reid' party?"

"that's us!" garcia said to the woman with a smile.

"perfect! my name is raquel and i will be helping you out today! who's the lucky bride?"

"that's me," leah said with a forced smile.

"okay! congratulations, are we all ready to get started?"

all the girls nodded, and followed raquel into the store.

raquel told garcia, jj and emily to go around the store to pick out a few bridesmaids dresses, while she took raquel into a room filled with white dresses.

"so, do you have any idea of what you want?" raquel asked leah.

"not...really?" leah hesitated. "i don't want a huge skirt at the bottom, i'd rather have a skinny skirt at the bottom- not exactly 'slim' because i wouldn't be able to walk."

raquel laughed and wrote this down on her notepad.

"we also want the wedding to be a subtle 'fairytale' theme since we both really like books, in fact every anniversary we read our favorite fairytales to each other."

"that's so sweet," raquel smiled.

"yeah! it was his idea, of course, he always comes up with the best. so, maybe like a fairytale theme when it comes to the dress."

"okay, perfect! i'll be back in a few, you can sit down if you want."

leah sat down in a chair while raquel left the room. she waited for a few minutes before raquel came back with tons of dresses in her hand.

"okay, i was told your measurements before you came and these all should fit perfectly, you can start trying them on whenever and take your time. i think all your bridesmaids chose their dresses already so i'll invite them to come in to look at the dresses with you."

"okay, thank you," leah said before walking into a dressing room with a mirror that took up the whole wall.

she tried on the first one, and hated it almost instantly. it was beautiful, just not on here. it had really puffy sleeves and the skirt was shaped weird and pulled together by a really ugly waistband.

she walked out and showed the girls, to which they agreed- it was beautiful, just not for her.

the next one was much better, it was topless with a lace bodice and a flowy skirt.

she walked out and showed the girls, but they knew it wasn't "the one."

after around 6 more dresses, leah was getting tired. however, she saw the next dress and fell in love almost instantly. she slipped it on- it was a bit slim around her waist like a mermaid dress, the sleeves were wrapped in leaf-like lace, and it flowed a bit behind her. leah knew: this one is the one.

she walked outside to show the girls, and their jaws all dropped- even raquel's.

"so?" leah smiled and twirled. "what do we think?"

"leah-" garcia's mouth went from an "o" shape to a big smile. "it's amazing!"

"yeah, you look awesome!" jj said. "spencer's going to die!"

"so, is this the one?" raquel asked her.

all the girls nodded.

"great! does it fit okay, is there anything you want different?"

"it fits fine, but is there any way you can 'un-slim' if? like i'd rather just have a regular flowy dress if that's okay?"

raquel walked away towards a rack in the room- pulling out exactly what leah described. "like this?"

"yes, exactly!" leah exclaimed. "do you mind if i try it on?"

"of course not!" raquel handed leah the dress and she quickly changed into it. yeah, it was perfect.

"it's perfect!" leah exclaimed, walking out, in a much better mood she was before they first entered the store.

"great! and your girls already picked out their dresses, i already took their measurements- all i need is the color you want for them."

"umm... how about like a gold color? like, this color." leah took out her cellphone and showed raquel a certain hue of gold.

"perfect," she responded. "all your dresses will be ready by next week. you can pick them up any time after that."

"great, thank you!" leah responded.

before they left, they paid raquel for her help and for the dresses and walked outside.

"spencer?" leah ran up to him and hugged him. "what are you doing here?"

"i wanted to see what you picked!" he smiled at her.

"oh, pretty boy," emily sighed. "you don't get to see the dress until the wedding, it's bad luck."

spencer's smile dropped, "what?"

"you didn't know that?" jj laughed.

"n-no! that's so stupid, bad luck is just a social construct made by people who started blaming their bad 'karma' on things that have nothing to do with the-"

leah placed her lips on his to shut him up.

"relax, spence," she smiled. "you only have to wait a few months."

"but i don't want to wait," he whined.

"stop whining," she laughed. "come on, let's go home."