━━━━ ix

"WE NEED TO split up," hotch said to his team, as they sat on the couch

"WE NEED TO split up," hotch said to his team, as they sat on the couch. it was 1am, only hours had passed since spencer confessed his love for leah gray- but here they were, sitting in the lobby because there was yet another victim, and the unsub was on the run.

and he could be anywhere.

leah hadn't heard spencer's words, sadly. so now, spencer was scared. who knows what would come out of his mouth next?

"morgan and prentiss, you guys go to the docks," hotch started. "reid and gray, you guys patrol the courtyards. jj and rossi, you'll come with me to main street."

the team nodded, standing up and heading to there patrolling areas. garcia stayed in the lobby with her computers.

spencer and leah walked outside and towards the courtyard, which was across the street from the hotel.

they already had their protective gear on- a bulletproof vest and a gun in their belt holster.

"i will never forgive hotch for waking me up this early," leah yawned.

spencer laughed at her, acting a bit nervous because of what he confessed to her earlier.

"sorry i fell asleep on you, by the way," leah apologized.

"oh, no," spencer reassured her. "it's fine, it was a bit of an uncomfortable position to sleep in, but it was okay."

leah groaned, feeling bad that spencer didn't sleep very well. "i'm still sorry."

"it's okay, leah."

and then, for the first time in a long time, it started raining... in alaska.

that was rare. alaska was too cold for rain- there was only snow. but today, there was rain.

the two agents looked up as they felt the first few drops hit their bodies.

spencer put the hood of his jacket up, while leah just smiled up at the sky as the rain hit her face.

she never told anyone this, but when it rained, leah always took it as a sign that her parents were watching over her- that they were sending her some good luck from above.

minutes later, leah broke the silence again.

"so- what exactly happened last night?"

spencer's eyes widened a bit. "you don't remember?"

"not really, i just remember walking over to your bed and that's about it."