━━━━ xvii

"SO YOU GUYS are going to be there, right?" jj asked leah through the phone

"of course we're going to be there," leah responded. "why do you keep asking? this is like the third time in the past 2 days."

"just wanna make sure!"

leah laughed as she hung up the phone, saying a goodbye. david rossi was throwing a party at his mansion tonight to celebrate his release of yet another book, and all of the agents were on top of the guest list. in fact, they were the guest list.

leah walked downstairs, already in a nice black cocktail dress for the party.

"hey," spencer smiled at her from a seat in the living room. he was wearing a striped shirt with a tuxedo jacket over it, reading a book from the shelf. "you look amazing."

the two had been living together for 6 months now. i know, time really flies, doesn't it?

"hey!" leah ran over to him (thank god she was wearing flats instead of heels.) "you look amazing as well."

spencer stood up and hugged her. even after almost 2 years of dating, they were still in what the cool kids call the "honeymoon phase." and if we were being completely honest with ourselves, they would never leave that phase.

"you ready to go?" leah asked.

spencer took a deep breath in. he seemed...nervous about something. "yeah, whenever you are."

and so they left. they hopped into spencer's car and began driving to rossi's. spencer put in a mixtape that leah and him had made for their car rides, and leah rolled her window down and felt the wind hit her face as they drove.

of course, teenage dirtbag played first. how could it not?

and then a few others played: paper rings by taylor swift, still into you by paramore, moonlight by future islands- most of them love songs that leah loved that reminded her of spencer.

(LOL I MADE A PLAYLIST FOR THE GUY I LIKE AND THERE WERE LIKE 5 LOVE SONGS LMAO- and yes i sent it to him and i'll do it again 😤. UPDATE: JUST CHECKED THE PLAYLIST [i named it his name btw] and some honorable mentions of songs i put on it: 34+35 by ari, can't help falling in love by elvis, night changes by one direction, this town by niall horan, line without a hook by ricky montgomery and this side of paradise by coyote theory. so yeah😀 ANYWAYS BACK TO THE STORY )

when they finally arrived, most of the team was already there. emily and jj were sitting and talking at the island table together, derek and penelope were dancing and laughing, while hotch and rossi were pouring drinks for themselves.

"hey guys!" leah announced as her and spencer walked in.

the team exclaimed their "heys!" and "hellos!" and jj quickly stood up and rushed over to the two.