━━━━ x

LEAH LOOKED AT herself in the mirror of her bedroom

LEAH LOOKED AT herself in the mirror of her bedroom. of her old parents' bedroom, that she had now taken for herself.

she loved living in such a big house alone. she loved having a huge pool, bedroom, bathroom to herself. yes, it got lonely at times. which was why one of her friends was over at least one day every week.

leah had a date tonight. after her and spencer confessed their love for the other, they only saw it fit to go on an actual date together.

it's about fucking time.

she put on some pink lip gloss and mascara. she wore golden earrings with the necklace spencer had gotten her when she got back from england. she had black flats on and a nice, dark red dress that just went past her knees.

she looked beautiful. she stared at herself in the mirror, sighing excitedly.

then, she heard her doorbell ring. she looked at the time- spencer wasn't supposed to pick her up until 7, and it was currently 6:40.

leah walked downstairs and went to open the door, assuming it was him.

but it wasn't.

"oh my god, girl!" jj said, emily standing next to her. "you look so pretty! what's the occasion?"

"jj?" leah's eyes widened in shock. "emily? w-what are you doing here? we didn't make any plans, did we?"

"no, we just thought it would be fun to show up for a surprise visit. sorry, we must've come at a bad time. you have a date tonight?"

"as a matter of fact, i do."

"oh, that's great!" emily said. "i'm glad things with oliver worked out."

leah hadn't told anyone that she had cut things off with oliver. she also hadn't told anyone what happened with spencer in alaska.

"y-yeah, me too. he's...great. i'm really sorry i can't do tonight guys, maybe tomorrow after work?"

"sounds great," jj smiled. "we'll see you tomorrow, leah. have fun on your date!"

the girls then hopped into jj's car and left.

leah sighed in relief. she wasn't ready to tell anyone about her and spencer yet. she didn't want to rush anything, just in case it didn't work out.

but leah really, really wanted things to work out.

leah waited for another 23 minutes before her doorbell rung again. she grabbed her jacket and opened her door, seeing spencer with a single red rose in his hand.

when he saw her, he was at a loss for words.

"woah," he was finally able to see after a few moments of speechlessness. "you look... wow."

leah blushes and giggled at him. "thank you, spence."

he handed her the rose, and then she took his hand as he lead her to his car.