━━━━ xix

"i'm nervous," leah said as she sat down in the car

"i'm nervous," leah said as she sat down in the car. spencer took her hand in his and looked at her.

"why?" spencer reassured her. "it's just my mom, she'll love you- she already does after everything i've told her."

"i know, but it's different. i've never met her before, and who knows how she'll react to the engagement?"

"trust me, leah, she's going to be more than thrilled. she's been wanting me to get married since i turned 18, and has been asking repeatedly when i was going to propose to you."

leah looked over at him, still nervous. "really?"

"yes, really. don't worry."

leah sighed, and spencer began driving.

𖥸

𖥸

"this place is nice," leah smiled as her and spencer walked into the hospital his mother resided in.

it was his turn to be nervous now. he had never really had a girlfriend before- well, he had, but not any serious enough that he would introduce them to his mother. and now that they were engaged, it made him much more nervous.

he had told leah that she shouldn't worry- that his mother would be more than pleased. however, he himself didn't know how she'd react.

i guess they'll find out pretty soon though.

spencer took leah to the fourth floor of the building, saying hello to all of the doctors he knew that they passed by until they finally reached his mother's room.

"remember," spencer grabbed her hand reassuringly. "don't be nervous."

leah nodded, not as scared as before. in fact, she was pretty excited to meet her future mother in law.

they walked into the room and a woman with short blonde hair was sitting by the window, writing in her journal. she turned around when she heard the door open.