━━━━ xiv

LEAH WOKE UP in a good mood

LEAH WOKE UP in a good mood. she remembered how after the breakdown she had in garcia's presence, how they bought some ice cream from the corner store up the block and watched "ferris bueller's day off," which was leah's favorite.

and then she remembered the events that LED to that. she remembered how spencer left without any explanation.

and suddenly, she was sad again.

she wasn't worried. she was going to talk to spencer today whether he wanted to or not- she had to understand why he left. spencer was usually pretty easy to read- but last night, leah was clueless.

she got changed into her work clothes, made some coffee, and walked out her door, locking it behind her.

she wanted to drive today. she would get to work early, and hoped that spencer was there when she arrived.

so she got into her car and started it up for the first time in a long time. she walked to work every morning- knowing damn well the walk was a very long one.

she put on the radio, and smiled as the song she loved started to play. she saw it as a sign that today would be a good day. she hummed along to the lyrics as they were sang aloud: "her name is noelle..."

𖥸

𖥸

she pulled into the parking spot near the bureau and got out of her car, when she heard her phone vibrate in her pocket.

it was a text from gregory campbell, agnes' husband whom she had kept in contact with since the funeral- which was two days ago. last night before sleeping, she sent him a message asking if she could look around for a bit, although not giving much away considering she doesn't want a dead woman's ex husband thinking she was murdered.

she was going to head over to the apartment tonight, and she hoped that spencer would come with her; that is, if she had things sorted out with him by then.

she walked towards the entrance of the bau, and recognized another person who was also making their way towards the door.

"derek morgan," leah started, raising her voice a little bit. "is that you?"