━━━━ xv

"HEY, LEAH?" DEREK walked over towards leah, who had just finished telling emily the story of the events that happened last night

leah looked up at him. "he wants to see you."

leah's breath hitched for a moment, before she stood up and walked to the room where spencer was.

when she entered the room, he looked up at her.

he was speechless for a moment- he wasn't very good with apologies, and not very good at conversation in general.

"leah," he started. "i am so sorry."

leah walked a few more steps towards spencer.

"about everything. i didn't mean what i said- i don't regret coming over last night, i actually had a really great time."

"then why did you leave?" leah asked him, tears once again forming in her eyes.

"because i was selfish. i complained to you about my childhood, about how my parents were not the best- how my mom was schizophrenic and how my dad left. i-i was selfish to do that. you have had it much worse than me, and i guess i felt guilty for saying anything, and i panicked, and i just left-"

leah walked up to spencer quickly, and wrapped her arms around him.

"please don't be sorry," she told him. "i didn't care that you complained about your childhood, spence. you have the right to your own feelings, and if you felt you had a terrible childhood then that's your right to think that."

she pulled away. "and i'm glad you shared those feelings with me, spencer. i really am. i want you to want to share your feelings with me."

"you're not upset?"

"not at all!" leah smiled at him. "how you feel matters to me, a lot actually. although, you could've told me that the reason you left wasn't because of me."

"i'm sorry, i really am."

"it's okay," she pulled him in for another hug. "never be afraid to tell me anything, because frankly, spencer reid, you can tell me you hate me and i still won't be mad at you."

she pulled away again, and he smiled at her.

"so," leah started again. "friends again?"

"friends again," he responded.

"good, because tonight me and you are heading over to agnes's apartment. her husband is letting us look around."

"okay. so, you really think she was murdered?"

"i'm not sure yet. i hope not, but i'd rather know than not know, you know?"

"yeah, i know."

"so, right after work? we can take my car."

"sounds good."

"awesome."

leah turned to walk out of the room, but spencer grabbed her hand and pulled her back towards him.

"i'm sorry again," he said, still holding her hand. "for everything."

she walked a few more steps towards him. "don't be." she stood up on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek, catching not only spencer, but also leah herself by surprise.

𖥸

𖥸

she turned to walk out again, and she was very red- she honestly didn't expect herself to do that, and she didn't know why she did it either. it felt like some sort of - reflex.

she walked back over to derek and emily, noticing that jj, hotch and rossi had shown up to work now as well.

"is everything okay?" derek asked leah sincerely.

she smiled at him. "everything's great."

spencer then came over to his desk and sat down.

"hey, kid," derek looked towards spencer.

spencer looked up at him.

"you got a little something right there," derek pointed to his own cheek, seeing that there was some almost invisible lip gloss on his cheek.

leah went beet red once again, embarrassed at herself as spencer wiped his cheek with his hand.

"i'm going to the break room," leah got up. "anyone want anything?"

"i'll come with," derek smirked at her.

"no, morgan, you really don't have to."

"no, i insist- lead the way, girl wonder."

leah gave him a look, one that clearly said "i hate you." she then walked towards the break room, derek following behind her.

"'not a date', she said," derek started. "'me and spencer are just friends' she said-"

"we are just Friends."

"then why was their lip gloss on his cheek?"

"because i kissed him?" leah stated, making it sound like a question, and also making it sound like it was no big deal.

"why are you acting like this isn't a big deal?"

"because it's not one."

"yes it is! i knew you and boy wonder liked each other-"

leah walked up to derek and kissed him on the cheek. "see? i could kiss you on the cheek and it didn't mean anything."

derek wiped his cheek.

"whatever, leah."