━━━━ viii

"W-WHY? IS EVERYTHING okay?" garcia asked leah worriedly

"oh, garcia, don't worry," leah reassured her, grabbing garcia's wrists gently. "it's okay, i'm just really, really nervous to be here. this is my dream- i've lost so much i just... i don't want to lose this too."

garcia just looked at her sadly and pulled her into a hug. it was weird- leah seemed to find a pattern of hugging and entrusting people she just met- first with derek, then with spencer, now with garcia.

nonetheless, leah wrapped her arms around her as well.

"hey," garcia told her, pulling away. "you're here for a reason. if hotch thinks you belong here, than you belong here. i've heard about what you did- when you pushed hotch out of the way so he wouldn't get shot and then you ended up getting shot yourself? that's bravery, leah. you need a ton of it if you want to be a part of this team. so never, never doubt for a second that you belong here. you do."

all leah did was smile at her, wrapping garcia into another hug.

"hey, gray," hotch knocked on the door to garcia's lair. "you haven't met rossi yet, do you wanna meet him now?"

"oh, sure," leah said, getting up. "i'll see you later, garcia."

"i'll miss you endlessly," garcia responded. leah laughed, following hotch to rossi's office.

𖥸

𖥸

hotch knocked once before entering, seeing rossi pick his head up from the book he was reading.

"agent rossi," hotch started. "this is our newest agent, leah gray."

when rossi didn't say anything, leah spoke up. "it's a pleasure to meet you, david rossi, i've read all of your books-"

"if you don't mind, hotch, i'm kind of in the middle of something," rossi cut leah off.

leah was upset, but didn't want to show that. she looked over to hotch, who looked just as confused as she did. hotch led leah out of the office without saying another word.