━━━━ xiv

TWO MONTHS AFTER that night at leah's house- you know, where she confessed a spontaneous proposal was better than an ordinary one?- jj had gone on a vacation with will

TWO MONTHS AFTER that night at leah's house- you know, where she confessed a spontaneous proposal was better than an ordinary one?- jj had gone on a vacation with will. they would be gone only for 3 days, and the two had asked leah to babysit. they knew, before her days of being an fbi agent, that she babysat aaron hotchner's kid, jack. and jack loved her.

so jj had left her a key and around $200. she allowed her to stay at her house, however leah wanted to stay at her house. it was the end of summer, maybe the boys could go swimming for a bit if jj allowed it.

jj had dropped henry off at leah's house at 10am on a friday morning, saying her goodbyes to leah for the weekend. there was no work today, strauss had given them the week off for the good work. leah wished her a good trip as jj walked away, leah closing the door behind her.

the first day was great. it rained, so leah stayed inside and played hide and seek with henry. at night, they watched a movie, "the lion king," since jj said he really liked the movie.

the next day, spencer was coming over to help out. it was a bright, warm, sunny day, so leah and spencer were going to take henry to the park.

at around 1pm, leah heard the doorbell ring. henry was coloring, so she left him and went to answer the door.

"hey, spence," she kissed her boyfriend as he smiled at her.

"hey, leah. how's henry?"

"he's great."

leah walked inside to her living room, where henry was, spencer following behind her.

"hey henry!" spencer smiled widely at the boy.

"uncle spencer!" henry dropped his crayon and ran over to spencer. spencer dropped down to his knees as the boy began to embrace him in a hug.

leah smiled at the sight. she had never really seen spencer with children before, but the sight of it made her very happy.

"henry," leah crouched down next to spencer. "me and uncle spencer are going to take you to the park. do you want to?"

henry smiled and nodded his head "yes" quickly a few times, excited.

they all took to leah's car that was in the driveway. the park was only 15 minutes away.

leah and spencer talked the whole way there. 10 minutes into it, henry asked a questions that left both of them flustered.

"since spencer is my uncle, is leah my aunt?"

spencer and leah looked at each other, both getting red in the face and with widened eyes. they both awkwardly laughed, and spencer turned to look at henry.