twelve »

He woke up to see that he was in a place that he was all to familiar with

The hospital.

     "Taeyong!" Yuta exclaimed once he saw his friend open his eyes. "You're awake."

     "I'm so glad you're okay," SungHee chimed. "When I saw you pass out, I was scared as hell."

     "What happened to me?" He asked drowsily. "Did I overdose?"

     "Yeah." Yuta confirmed. "You had blacked out and you were seizing and vomiting on yourself."

     "So glad that we got you here on time," SungHee gave a hopeful smile.

     "You kinda ruined the party though." Yuta joked. "Everything stopped because of you."

     "The doctor said that the stuff was laced with fentanyl." She explained.

     "Why didn't you just leave me there?"

     "What?"

     "Why didn't you just leave me there to die? I never asked you to help me."

     "Taeyong, why wouldn't I help you? You're my friend. And I trust that if it were me on the floor seizing, you'd help me just like I did for you." Yuta retorted.

     "Next time just leave me there."

     "You know I'd never just leave you to die. Taeyong... were you actually trying to overdose?"

     "Can you both just get out?" He turned over, pulling the thin sterilized sheets over his head. "I want to be alone."

     "Fine." Yuta replied. "We'll go home." With that they both left.

He laid there all alone now.

He felt that he deserved to be alone. He didn't deserve happiness or the company of other people.

His life was meant to be a shithole.

He looked over to his heart monitor which beeped steadily.

The door suddenly opened, catching him by surprise. He sat up as the doctor entered.

     "Alright Mr. Lee." The doctor clicked his pen. "You're in very stable condition. You had a very bad overdose. Your friends got you here just in time. One thing we'll have to do though is register you into rehab."

Rehab.

     "Why?" He asked. He watched as the doctor's expression turned into pure concern and confusion.

     "Because..." he began. "You need to quit your drug use before it's too late. Before you get arrested or worse, dead. Don't you want to get better?"

Taeyong pressed his back against his pillow. His silence was more than enough.

"I'll get you signed up." He turned away and left the room.

He didn't want to get better.

He couldn't afford being in this hospital.

He pulled the wires off of his chest and placed his bare feet onto the cold floor. It sent a shock through his body.

But, he took a breath before walking towards the door and opening it.

The hallways were filled with doctors, nurses and visitors worried for their sick loved ones.

Taeyong locked his eyes on the elevator doors and hurried to make his escape before someone noticed.