twenty nine »

His face hit the fresh green grass, knocking the wind out of him and the blood from his mouth

His face hit the fresh green grass, knocking the wind out of him and the blood from his mouth. Jaehyun's men sped off after tossing him on the side of the road in front of his apartment.

At least he had gotten home.

That was one positive thing that happened this crazy night.

He got high, had sex with the woman he loved, got beaten up to the point he could hardly walk and thrown out of a car onto the front lawn of his apartment all in one night.

He managed to turn over on his back. He stared up at the stars and they stared back.

He let out a sigh and reached in his pocket to see if his vape was still there. Instead, he found something else.

He unfolded the paper to see the flyer Shea had given him for her parents anniversary dinner. The pain became worse once he realized that he screwed up with her.

And now he didn't know how to fix it, or if he could fix it at that.

The crumpled paper remained in his hand as he contemplated whether he would sleep in the grass or gather his strength to get to his apartment and slide into bed.

He went with the latter.

Slowly, he pulled himself together and stumbled up to his home. His legs gave out and he fell on the floor once the door closed behind him.

The noise woke Yuta up from his spot on the sofa.

"What time is it?"

"I don't know." He grumbled as he staggered towards his bed holding his stomach. He pulled off his shirt to stare at the bruises and cuts on his abdomen.

"What the hell happened to you?" Yuta questioned.

Taeyong remained silent as his fingers grazed his open skin. "Nevermind, I don't even wanna know." Yuta stood and went to the bathroom, he came back with a warm damp rag and handed it to his roommate.

He then curled back up on the couch and tried going back to sleep.

The moon was Taeyong's only source of light when it shone through the blinds and onto his pale skin. He carefully touched his wounds with the rag and gnashed his teeth at the pain.

It soon became too much for him and he laid back on his bed, carefully putting his legs up.

"Fuck." He sighed lightly. "I love her."

"Shit, I could have told you that." Yuta mumbled.

"I screwed up."

"Alright." He sat up and turned to Taeyong. "Tell me what happened."

"I told her I loved her during sex. But, then afterwards, I took it back. I got scared."

"Of what?"

"Of letting my guard down, I guess. " He took shallow breaths to keep his ribs from hurting more than they already were. "I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Why don't you fix it?"

"Jaehyun."

"Who?"

"Her crazy fiancée. He'd kill me for sure this time if I even looked at her."

"Well get him before he gets you."

"You sound just as crazy." He rolled his eyes.

"I don't know. I'm just throwing out ideas."

"I miss her so much already. I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to see her again."

"Well will there be something or someplace outside of her home she should be at?"

He suddenly remembered the flier in his pocket.

"I don't know."

"Nothing at all?"

"Well, there is something but, I don't know."

"Go to it and tell her how you feel. Now leave me alone." Yuta turned over and laid his head on his arms. "I'm trying to sleep."