twenty one »

She laid on her stomach in her bed in her oversized white tee and circle frame glasses

Now was her time to relax. She flipped through the thick book she hadn't had a chance to read up until now.

She kicked her feet as she laid there peacefully. Her soft bedroom light lit her freckled face.

Just when she was starting to get interested in the story, her doorbell rang. It's sing song melody rang throughout the house.

She hopped up and hurried to the door. "Coming!" she exclaimed as she rushed down the staircase.

She opened the door and Jaehyun stormed inside.

     "Who was that?" He asked, it looked like he just came from an important meeting. He was dressed in a suit, his dark brown hair combed back.

     "Who was what?"

     "You know who! That guy who came by earlier. Who was that?"

     "Jaehyun, that's none of your business. And why are you here?" She closed the door.

     "I decided I'd stay here for the night." He took off his suit and hung it on the coat rack near the door. "Who was that?"

     "Jaehyun--"

     "Either tell me now or later. But, I'll be here all day."

     "He's just a friend." She followed him into the living room. "... you don't need to worry about it."

     "... You think I don't know that he comes by here every Saturday?" He stared her down condescendingly. He leaned against the back of the sofa and folded his arms.

     "Wha-- So? I don't answer to you. I can see whoever I want. We agreed that after we get married we go our separate ways. So don't act like you're entitled to know my personal business."

     "Shea, what would your parents think if they knew you were inviting some bum over every Saturday night to do God knows what."

She took off her reading glasses and placed them on her forehead.

     "I don't give a fuck what they think. I'm already going out on a limb by marrying you!"

     "Shea, you'd break your back just to keep a smile on your parents face. That's why you're staying in this house, that's why you're the heir to their company and that's why you agreed to marry me." He stepped towards her. "Don't try to put on the tough girl act with me."

     "Ugh, leave me alone." She pushed him away. "You can get out!"

     "You know I'm not leaving."

     "Whatever. Just leave me alone." She walked away and stopped in her tracks when he opened his mouth again.

     "Who is he, really?"

She turned around.

     "He's someone you'll never be."

He stepped to her, grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. He bent down so that their lips were almost touching.

     "Are you sure?" He smirked.

She pushed him away for a second time.

     "If you'll excuse me, there's a book I need to finish reading." She placed her glasses back on her face and pushed them up to eyes.

He watched as she walked away.