seventeen »

He sat there on his bed

Phone in one hand and a gun in the other.

His heart pounded out of his chest as his fingers touched the cold weapon.

He held the phone in his hand, wondering if he should call someone before he ended it all.

But, he had no one but, Yuta and Shea.

Yuta was gone.

He unlocked his phone and called her.

He pressed the phone to his ear and listened as the phone rang several times before sending him to voicemail.

He gave a shaky sigh as he hung up.

He tightened his grip on the gun and headed towards his small bathroom.

He stared at himself in the small mirror above the sink, unhappy with what he saw.

It had finally gotten to this point. He knew that it was coming sooner or later. It seemed inevitable to him.

So, it was only appropriate for him to accept his fate.

He thought back all throughout his life and tried to find something worth holding onto. But, he was unsuccessful.

He looked at himself then at the gun.

He placed it to his temple and let out a deep breath.

He was scared.

Rightfully so.

He could feel his heart pounding in his throat as his finger touched the cold trigger.

Taeyong tried to block out the loud thumping of his heart in his throat and ears.

His eyes became red.

He shut his eyes tight and braced for the worst as he pulled the trigger.

His heart stopped.

Slowly he opened his eyes and looked at the gun in his right hand.

He could still feel his heart beating mercilessly.

      "Brrring. Brring." His phone vibrated in his pocket.

Quickly, he answered it.

     "Shea?"

     "Taeyong," her soft and raspy voice replied. "Sorry that I missed your call. What's wrong? Is there something you want to talk about?"

He placed the gun down on the sink and sat down on the toilet.

     "Um..." he rubbed his sweaty palm on his pants leg. "Can I come over?"

     "Yeah, sure." He felt her crack a smile from the other side of the phone.

He gave a small sigh of relief.