thirty two »

"Taeyong!" Yuta yelled once he stepped into their small abode

     "Taeyong!" Yuta yelled once he stepped into their small abode. "What the fuck is this mess? Have you not cleaned up since this morning? And how could one person make such a huge mess?!"

He stirred in bed and sat up. His eyes red and puffy. Either from crying, lack of sleep or being stoned. Or all of the above.

     "Sorry, I was looking for something."

     "Look, I know you're upset about what happened between you and your girlfriend but can you please just clen up when you're done?"

     "Yeah, sorry." He put down his vape and cleaned up everything he left in the floor. Little by little.

    "How are you holding up though?" Yuta's tone became softer.

     "I really don't know... I don't really want to talk about it either."

     "Oh, okay." He slowly nodded.

     "She told me to go away and she didn't ever wanna see me again." He continued. Yuta listened quietly. "She might as well have tried to kill me. That would have been better." He stared down at his hands. "But, I don't understand. Did I really hurt her to the point she wouldn't want to see me anymore?"

     "Maybe." Yuta shrugged. "Or maybe it had something to do with her evil husband."

He sat there silently as realization hit him.

     "Yeah, maybe. Maybe she just wanted to protect me from him." He ran his hand through his hair. "Shit." Once he finished cleaning up, he plopped back down on his bed, his face toward tbe ceiling. "I still wish she would have told me."

     "Is she'd told you about what was really going on, you wouldn't have left her side. Face it."

      "Yeah but, maybe we could have worked something out. I don't know." He took a puff from his vape and watched the cherry scented smoke leave his mouth.

     "Oh by the way, Mrs. Kim wanted to know when we'd have last month's rent together. We're already late for last month and next month is coming up."

     "I don't know." He shrugged. "I haven't been able to sleep with anyone since I gained feelings for Shea. It just doesn't feel right anymore."

     "Well I suggest you start bringing some girls home or get another job. Because I am not trying to get evicted."

He didn't want to admit it but he knew he was right. He needed to start getting back to work, even though that was one of the last things he wanted to do now.