thirty »

"I need to talk to you, Shea!" He pulled her into the bathroom and didn't let go until he had the door closed and locked

"Taeyong, what are you doing here?" She asked obviously infuriated. "How'd you get in? You need to leave before Jaehyun finds out you're here."

"You wouldn't answer any of my calls."

"Yeah, I thought I made it clear that I didn't want to see you anymore." She leaned against the sink in her fitted black dress.

"You look beautiful today." He said staring at the way the dress complimented her shape.

"What was it you wanted to talk about?" She rolled her eyes then proceeded to fold her arms across her chest. "And hurry up. I need to get back out there before everyone starts looking for me."

"I lied. I lied when I told you that I didn't love you." He stepped towards her. "I was... I was afraid of getting closer to you because I didn't want to get attached. But, you're one of the best things that ever happened to me and I'm sorry about hurting you. I was just trying to protect myself but I ended up hurting you in the process." He placed his hand on the small of her back to pull her closer. "I love you, Shea. And I'm sorry."

He leaned in to kiss her.

But, she pulls away.

"Now what? Do you just expect me to take you back?"

"Shea--"

"How do I know you're not lying to me right now?!"

He was being vulnerable for the first time in what seemed like forever. And she didn't even believe him. What had he done? If only she knew how sorry he was.

He just wanted her to hug him and tell him that she understood and say that she loved him too. Maybe then they could walk out of that venue together and into the sunset, claiming their happily ever after. But, he wasn't naive. He knew for certain that life doesn't ever go the way you plan.

"I don't want to be with a liar. Especially when all I've ever done was be truthful to you."

He reached for her hand but she pulled away again.

"Shea, please don't do this to me. I'm being sincere. I love you. Do you want me to beg? Fine." He kneeled down on the bathroom floor and hung his head. "I'm sorry, Shea. Please forgive me."

"Taeyong, please..." Her voice shook. She sniffled and gently wiped her eyes as best she could without ruining her makeup. "I need you to leave. Please go. And I don't ever want to see you again."

"I don't think you mean that."

"Yes I do."

"Look me in the eyes," He stood to his feet, towering over her once again. "And tell me you don't want to see me again."

She looked up at him with her pretty brown eyes and parted her lips.

"Goodbye, Taeyong."

She left.

In that moment, he couldn't breathe. His heart felt as if it were going to explode from pain. Did he just blow everything because of his lies? Because he was too scared to commit?

She was his new drug and there was no way he could just let her go.

"Shea!"

He followed her out to the dining area, where there were large round tables covered with black table cloth and chandeliers.

"Taeyong!" She quickly looked over her shoulder at him then sped up a little. "I told you to go home. Please!"

"Just wait. You don't mean that!"

People turned their heads and stared as he chased her but, he didn't care. It felt like his life was fleeting from him.

"Taeyong, you need to leave." She cried.

"Tell me you don't want to see me ever again and I'll go."

He grabbed a hold of her arm.

"Taeyong, stop!" She screamed with tears flowing down her face. "Let me go!" She snatches her arm away and strikes him across the face.

Two men dressed in black suits grab him by my arms and hold him back. His face was bright red and his hair now disheveled. He looked insane yelling and chasing her around. But, he hadn't ever felt this way before.

His stomach turned as Jaehyun approached.

"I knew this son of a bitch would sneak his way in here." He smirked. "Take him out back."

"You promised you wouldn't hurt him!" Shea interjected before they could take him away.

"Hmm... I guess you're right." He sighed. "Throw him out. But I won't be as nice next time." He cut his eyes at Taeyong before grabbing Shea's hand and turning away.

"Shea..." He mumbled as they locked eyes for a moment.

They escorted him to the door and he stumbled and fell as they pushed him out, slamming the doors behind him.