nineteen »

He opened his eyes to see her sleeping soundly on the far side of the bed

She snored softly.

Taeyong took his blanket and placed it over her.

He couldn't help but stare as she slept. She stirred a little before resting again. Taeyong watched as the sun shone through the fancy curtains and caressed her brown freckled face.

Instead of sitting and watching her, he quietly left. He left the house and made sure to lock the door behind himself.

_

     "What are you doing?" Yuta asked right after he came in. He smelled of liquor and his eyes were puffy and red.

Taeyong looked up to see his roommate standing in the doorway.

     "Did you just come in?"

     "Yeah, why do you have that towel on your head?"

He slowly reached up and unwrapped the towel that wrapped around his head. "Wow." Yuta's eyes widened. "Nice color."

     "What's wrong with it?"

   "Nothing," he shook his head. "Look, I'm gonna go take a nap."

   "Alright." He ran his hand through his wet blonde hair.

_

He blew the scented smoke into the cool evening air as he stood outside of the diner.

Once he held his vape up to his pink lips for the fourth time, someone approached him.

He continued to look straight ahead and didn't bother to pay them any attention as they stood next to him leaned against the wall.

     "Lee Taeyong..." the woman spoke.

He slowly turned his head to face her.

   "What is it, Michelle?"

    "I haven't seen you around for a while. Why don't we head back to my place," she reached for his open collar. "I've got forty dollars with your name on it."

He looked at her ebony ponytail down to her red six inch heels. He scoffed and put the vape back up to his lips.

       "No."

     "Why?" She seemed disturbed. "You too good for me now?"

     "I'm not taking any customers at the moment."

   "Why? I've missed you." She touched his face.

He pulled away and continued to smoke.

     "Please don't touch me."

     "Why? You used to like it when I touched you like this."

He couldn't sleep with women like he used to. He didn't want anyone to touch him and he didn't want to touch them either. He thought that maybe it was time for him to take a break from it.

     "Michelle, leave me alone. I don't want to see you."

     "Ugh, someone's got their panties in a bunch," she scoffed. She saw Sung Hee approach and backed off.

     "Who's that?" She questioned when she saw Michelle walking away.

     "What do you want?" He asked with a deep sigh.

     "I wanted to see you."

     "Why? I told you to leave me alone." He turned to her, obviously frustrated. "What's your issue?"

     "After your overdose, I've just wanted to make sure you're alright."

Well, she was doing a terrible job at it considering yesterday he was about to blow his own brains out.

     "Sung Hee, please leave me alone. I don't want to be friends and I don't want a relationship."

     "Well, it's fine if--" Before she could finish, he turned and walked away.