thirty four »

"Jaehyun!" She exclaimed, surprised when her dressing room door swung open

He stood in the doorway with his trademark smug smile, staring at her in her large white wedding dress.

"You're not supposed to see your bride before the ceremony." One of her helpers chimed, very annoyed that he had interrupted them.

"Can you give Shea and I a moment alone, please?"

The two other women looked at the bride for approval and Shea nodded as to excuse them. He closed the door once they were gone.

"You're so beautiful." He leaned in to kiss her but, she backed away.

"You're gonna mess up my makeup."

"Just a small kiss." He bugged.

"Jaehyun..." She rolled her eyes but eventually gave in and let him kiss her. "What was it that you wanted to talk about?"

"Did I say I wanted to talk?"

"Well, I'm sure you didn't make my helpers step out just to give me a kiss."

"Well maybe I did." He placed his large hands on her waist and drew nearer to her.

"Stop." She whispered.

"Why?" He moved in closer, his breath tickled her face.

"Stop or I'll scream." She threatened. He backed away.

It was silent for a few moments before he continued.

"Do you think he'll be here?"

"What is with your obsession with him?" She scoffed.

"As long as he's alive, he's competition."

"How is he competition? I'm marrying you. I've stopped talking to him for you. What more do you want?"

"No." He leaned in. "You stopped talking to him because I told you I'd kill him if you didn't. You're marrying me because it's your obligation. As long as you still love him, I have something to worry about."

"I'll never stop caring about him." She stood. "So you'll be worrying about me leaving you for him as long as you fucking live."

"Is that a threat?"

"It's a fucking promise."

"You've got a lot of nerve for someone who still lives under their parents thumb."

She huffed and clenched her jaw, not knowing how to respond. She hated when he was right.

"Fuck you!" She spat.

He raises his hands and strikes her across her face.

She held the spot where she was hit. Makeup ruined and face red, she turned to him and smirked. "Taeyong would never hit me."

Now, he was red.

Furious, he grabbed her face.

"Why don't you marry him then?" He pushed her down and stormed out.