twenty »

He went up to Shea's house, after getting off of the bus

He went up to Shea's house, after getting off of the bus. He almost didn't recognize her home.

The brick mansion looked so different in the morning daylight. He was so used to being here at night.

He stepped up to the door and rang the doorbell. He waited patiently for the next couple of minutes for her to answer.

     "She's probably not even here." He stepped off of the porch and turned away. This was what he deserved for bit calling first.

     "What do you want?" A man's voice answered. Taeyong quickly turned around to see a tall handsome man standing in the doorway. He didn't look too enthused to see Taeyong there.

     "Is Shea there?" He asked, a bit confused by the situation.

     "Shea, there's some blonde guy here to see you."

     "Blonde? I don't know anyone that's blonde."  She replied as she came to see who it was the man was referring to.

She was just wearing a large t shirt and her hair was a mess but, she quickly made the effort to pull it up into a ponytail. "Taeyong? What are you doing here?"

     "Nothing. I've obviously wasted my time." He turned and walked away.

     "Taeyong, wait!" She called but he wasn't listening.

He really took the hour and a half  bus ride up there just for her to be with someone else. Who was he?

Her boyfriend?

A friend?

Worst case scenario being her husband.

Wait.

He couldn't be.

Was he jealous?

     "Jealous?" He scoffed. "Yeah, right. Whatever." He had no problems sleeping with women who already had husbands and boyfriends but, this bothered him. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, it got under his skin. It irritated him like a bad rash.

He didn't want to see her with anyone else and for some reason he felt so betrayed.

_

He sat there in his usual booth at the diner and stabbed his fork in his food. He hadn't been eating properly lately and he was actually hungry. But, he couldn't bring himself to eat the food that sat in front of him.

He hid his face in his hands as he thought about her. How she could be in the bed with that guy right now. It made him upset.

He felt like a fool.

     "Is this seat taken?" He looked up to see Shea standing there. He hadn't even heard her come into the diner.

     "No."

She sat down, she was no longer wearing the t shirt he saw her in but, instead some jeans and a tank top with an oversized jacket.

     "Why did you leave?"

     "Why would you invite me into your house when your boyfriend is there?" He frowned.

     "He's not my boyfriend." She said.

     "Really?" He said a bit hopefully.

     "He's my fiancee."

He slumped back into his seat. Now, he was angry. Yet, he hadn't had a good reason to be. She wasn't obligated to let him know of her personal life.

     "Why didn't you tell me you had a husband."

     "He's not my husband. He's my fiancee and his name is Jung Jaehyun. It's an arranged marriage our parents set up and we absolutely hate each others guts."

Call him cruel but, that made him feel a bit better.

     "So why was he there?"

     "He had to drop something off. I had just woken up a few minutes before you came. I had a busy day yesterday and I overslept."

     "Oh," he said as he leaned forward and picked up his fork.

     "So, why'd you come by?"

     "I just wanted to see you." He nearly whispered.

     "Why? Did you need to talk? Did you wanna sleep over again?"

     "No, I just wanted to see you. The bus ride there was almost two hours."

     "Oh. That's so kind of you." She smiled. "We can go back to my house, Jaehyun is gone."

     "Can we go to the arcade?"

     "Yeah." She nodded. "Sounds like a great idea."