eighteen »

"Do you want something to drink?" She asked as she gestured to the kitchen

     "Do you want something to drink?" She asked as she gestured to the kitchen. "You sounded pretty stressed over the phone."

     "Yeah, I just... I'm just a little tired."

     "Then why didn't you go to bed instead of coming over here?"

     "I don't feel safe alone at my house."

     "Why?" She sat beside him. "Is someone trying to hurt you?"

     "No."

     "Then what?" She asked.

He laid his head on her shoulder. "Taeyong..."

     "I might hurt myself."

She said nothing more as he nestled up against her.

She understood that she didn't need to question any further.

He shivered as he rubbed his cold exposed goosebump covered arms for warmth.

She ran her hand through his dark hair and placed a thick blanket over him that sat abandoned on her sofa.

Her smile was warm and inviting when he stared blankly at her.

Once she turned away he sat up and grabbed her by her small wrist.

     "Yes?"

     "... can I sleep here tonight?"

     "What about your friend and roommate? ... what's his name? Yuta?"

     "He's hardly ever there at our apartment. It's just one night. I can sleep here on the sofa, I promise I don't snore."

     "You don't have to sleep on the couch, Taeyong. You can take one of the guest bedrooms." She gestured for him to follow. "C'mon."

He slowly got up. He wrapped the heavy blanket around himself as he followed her up the stairs.

She led him to the guest bedroom.

      "It's nice." He mumbled staring at the king sized bed.

     "Will this suffice?" She asked.

     "Yeah." He nodded a little before crawling onto the bed and covering himself with the blanket again.

     "Alright, good night then."

     "Wait--"

She stopped. "Can you please lay down with me? Just until I fall asleep?" He said a bit sheepishly. "I'm sure you're really busy but, it doesn't really take me that long to fall asleep."

     "It's fine, Taeyong. I'll stay until you fall asleep."

A small smile appeared on his face when she crawled onto the bed. "Sweet dreams."

He hid his rosy face in the blanket and closed his eyes.