150. Diamond no Ace: N/A ~x Male Oc! Part 2

I ran a hand through my hair, as I sat on a bench in the dug out. My father was in the stand with my mother, and younger siblings. They came to see me play, and I haven't been out yet. It didn't bug me but...I cringed at the thought, Eijun put his hand on top of mine and gave it a squeeze. Offering me a soft smile.

"Kagami. You're up."

I stiffened, Eijun squeezed my hand. I got up and put on my guards, I would be replacing Saki - Senpai. I warmed up my shoulders and went over to the plate as they announced a change of players. Home run. I have to get a home run. Out of the park. Hit it hard, and hit it far. Just like in practice. He's watching. I tightened my grip around the bat, Ball...Ball. I swung, hitting the ball to the right. Foul. I kept hitting Fouls after that, I can't walk. I sucked in a sharp breathe, and swung. I bit down on my lip, as I twisted my wrist the wrong way. But. There were shouts of cheers, as it hit the fence. Ah, it got stuck. Whoops. I walked, Three Home Runs, not bad. I flinched when I saw the look on my dad's face. I took too long. I need to practice more. 

When we got three outs, I jogged over to my position. I have to move fast. Better. I have to catch every one that comes my way. I have to get the outs. Or at least get them to the bases in time. I have to be quick. I kept my eyes trained on the batters, and the ball. I scanned to check the positions of my team mates, I looked at the Coach. I smiled a little, he's telling me to breathe. I took a deep breathe in before letting it out. It's fine. I'm in the dorms, not at home.

~~

I jumped up, grabbing the edge of the wall I pushed myself up and caught the glove in the mitt. While I was falling to the ground, I threw the ball to Miyuki, he caught it and that was the third out. I landed crouched, I ended up slipping and falling on my butt. Jun - Senpai jogged over with a weak grin, holding his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me up, he laughed as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Nice catch, good throw," Jun - Senpai said,

"But?" I rose an eyebrow, 

"You're apart of a team, you don't need to push yourself to get an out. We're ahead," Miyuki said, pressing his glove against my chest,

"Just because we're ahead, doesn't mean we can relax." I quoted the words my father drilled into me, 

Eijun flicked my forehead, when I entered the dug out to change gears.

"You're not home." he grinned,

"No duh, moron," Kuramochi - Senpai rolled his eyes,

I stared at him, eyes widening slightly. He's right...Coach placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't rush, and it's alright to take a Walk. Nothing bad will happen if you strike out, or if you walk." he told me, squeezing my shoulder

He's right. I know that, but...if he sees...if he decides to pull me out of school. I clenched my hand into a fist,

"Jiji's here, I saw Pops too," Eijun said, 

"Alright, I get it." I smiled, waving my hand as it was my turn to bat

~~~~

I know I don't have to, but. I pushed my body forward, I picked up the ball Jun - Senpai missed, I lifted my leg, and I threw the ball faster, and harder than I've thrown it before with my right hand. Miyuki caught it, they got two runs instead of four. But...that was all they needed to win. I dropped to my knees, and looked up at the sky. Of course. The day I decide to ignore my father's rules, and everything he taught me.