Chapter 15 and 1/2

******************Tae's POV******************

My mind started to go 1000 miles per hour as I laid cuddled up behind Y/N.
I canNOT believe what she almost did. Talking to Damon and thinking about meeting up with him!?
I wanted to be upset with her. I wanted to think that what she did was absolutely stupid.
But, I also knew how much Damon had changed her life. I knew how much she craved to have her old life back when she could go about freely and not have to feel trapped.
She was backed into a corner and she thought fast even though it may have not been the safest option. She's desperate.

I pulled her closer to me as if that was any possible with how close I was holding her. I listened to her snore gently. I'm glad she was able to get back to sleep. I pray that she isn't mad at me for raising my voice at her. I just didn't want her in danger.

But, I need Damon gone. Even if it meant the end of his life.
I can't keep her locked away while he's out. She's way too stubborn for that. I gently giggled to myself. Gosh, she's so stubborn.
But, everyone in her life needs and wants her safe.

I'm going to figure out where that call came from. I'm going to find Damon. I just need Y/N out the way while I handle him.

I snuggled into Y/N's neck and gently kissed her.
My baby girl will be free again.

******************Reader's POV****************

I woke up the next morning before Tae.

I laid down in his arms for a little bit and then I got up to make myself some tea.
I washed my face and brushed my teeth first.

I decided to work on some lesson plans for the kids for the next couple of weeks. I know it's already going to throw them off guard since I will be gone, but I wanted to make sure they stayed on schedule with their learning. They work much better with an agenda.

I took my supplies into the living room and I turned on the tv so I could listen to the news while I watched the city below us start to move.

My mind kept drifting off to the conversation I had last night with Damon.
Should I call Damon back and apologize? Now I know for sure he will be looking for more than just me and that worried me. Tae wanted to assure me that everyone was safe and I really wanted to believe it. But, I couldn't. Not one hundred percent.
But, I knew if I called, Tae would lose his shit without hesitation.
Maybe I could just apologize to Damon. I don't have to promise anything. Just tell him I'm sorry for what happened last night.
As much as I wanted to believe that that is a good idea I knew Tae would find out eventually.

The smart choice would be to tell Tae my plan first. I was just still terrified of having him in the middle of all of this.

Sigh.

I got back to my lesson plans with my mind made up that I discuss my idea with Tae when he wakes up.

As I did my planning, I started to get sad about the fact that I had to leave my kids again.
My poor kids........my poor life.

Sigh