Chapter 19

"Shit," Tae whispered.

I shook in the spot that I stood in.

Damon had seen Tae and I outside of my place. He took pictures of us, the police officers, and Tae's car. He sent the pictures that he had to me. And he blew up my phone with messages.

So this is who you are with??
This is your new boyfriend??
You got yourself someone in the music business, huh?
So, this is what you like??

"Fuck!" Tae said. "We will be just fine. I will have it handled."

"But, Tae, he knows what you look like now!"

"I know, baby. I know. But, we are safe here. He can't touch us. We are okay," he said in a reassuring tone trying to calm me down. Tae got up and walked up to me in the spot that I was in. He took my hand and gently pulled me onto the bed with him and he cradled me in his lap.

"It will be okay, love. I promise you it will. I have made sure you have been safe this far and nothing is going to change that. Even if he knows who I am and what I look like. We will be okay."

He kissed my forehead and gently caressed my arm. 

I found some solace in his words and his touch. I was still shaken up that Damon knew what Tae looked like. Tae was right. We had been safe this long. We will be okay.

We sat on the edge of the bed for a little while longer while Tae gently rocked me.

"Is there anything you need or want to do today?" asked Tae after a while.

"I need to get my lesson plans to school to my assistant teacher. I need to make sure my kids stay on a decent schedule even though I'm not there," I murmured.

"Well, how about this? We can go drop your lesson plans off and since I have to go to the recording studio today, you can go with me and actually see me work. You will be safe with me and you can meet some of my friends. How does that sound?"

"That sounds okay," I said quietly.

Tae tightened his grip around me.
"It's okay, beautiful. I got you. Let's go get washed up and we can head out."

I nodded my head.

We got up from the bed and went into Tae's bathroom to wash up.

Tae helped me clean up because I was just deeply in my head.
Damien knows who he is and that he's in the music business. The idea of Damon getting Tae more involved in this then he already is upset me so much. I can't lose him. I can't let Damon hurt him.
But, Tae promised me that we would be okay.
We would be okay, right?

Soon enough, Tae and I were both clean and dressed.

Instead of Tae driving his car, he got someone else to drive us.

Tae held on to my hand as we walked down to the car and as we sat in the car.

We reached my school faster than I thought, but that was because I was so deep in my thoughts.
Tae got out of the car with me and walked into the school with me. I knew we had to be fast because I knew the kids would be coming in soon and I wasn't ready to answer all of their curious questions.

I kept things quick and short with my assistant teacher. She knew not to ask too many questions. Before I left, she hugged me tight and told me to take care.

"Thank you," I said back to her while trying to muster some type of smile.

Tae and I walked back out of the school and got back in the car just as parents and buses started to pull up. I held my head down as Tae held my hand tight.

We slid into the car.

"Why don't we pick up some food on the way to the studio?" suggested Tae. "I am sure you must be hungry by now."

"Yes, I actually am," I said, surprised that I even had an appetite.

We stopped at a fast food drive thru to pick up some food and then we headed to Tae's job.

We reached his job about thirty minutes later. We had already eaten the food that we picked up on the way.

The driver pulled up to the back door that Tae took me through on our first date after dinner. The driver got out of the car and opened the door for us. Tae got out of the car and helped me climb out.

Tae lead us to the door.
"Today, you can meet some really cool people in my life. I know they will make you laugh," Tae said as he rubbed my back.
"I can't wait to meet the people you work with," I said and mustered up a small smile that I'm sure didn't reach my eyes.

I just needed things to get better. I needed us and everyone in my life to be safe.

***********************************************

Helloooooo all my wonderful readers.
I truly apologize for waiting so long to get a chapter out. My life has been a roller coaster for me and this time of the year is really tough on my mental health. I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves.
Sorry that this chapter is a bit short, but I wanted to let you guys know that I'm still writing.

Continue to be safe and be on the look out for all new chapters in both of my books and maybe some one shots!

I continue to adore and appreciate you all who support me. ❤️❤️❤️

Here's a little something to celebrate my bias by: