FOUR. the bruno mars pact

CHARLOTTE COULD remember her first kiss with Austin

She wouldn't call it romantic. The sounds of any and every Bruno Mars song played throughout his room as they had been playing a card game and Austin had been cheating the entire time.

"No!" Charlotte shouted, "You're cheating!"

"I'm not! Draw four, loser."

"You didn't have that earlier! You pulled that from behind your back."

"No, I did not."

Charlotte tackled Austin to the ground and she found two of his cards behind him.

"Cheater!"

"I would have gotten away with it."

Charlotte held her smile as she threw Austin's cards to the side. Austin's hands rested against her thighs as he smiled up at her.

"What?" She questioned.

"Nothing."

The sounds of a new Bruno Mars song blared through Austin's speakers. When I Was Your Man specifically.

"Promise me something?" Charlotte asked.

"Yes?"

"No matter what happens, we will go see Bruno together." She smiled, "I don't care what happens between us. I don't care if you're an international superstar and I don't care if I'm some super genius doctor; we will go see Bruno together."

Charlotte held her pinky finger out and Austin soon laced it with his own.

"I promise."

Charlotte held her pinky with Austin's as she rested their hands on his chest.

They say you know when the moment was right and whether or not that was true, Charlotte knew she wanted to kiss Austin in that moment. So she did.

Charlotte was kissed him. Kissing him like all the ways Austin had imagined kissing Charlotte would be like.