FIVE. cheer up, buttercup

CRITICS ALWAYS seemed to have the harshest words to say, especially when they had no idea how much hard work and effort a person put into a show

Why has this been said? Charlotte and Austin found themselves in a funk.

Austin had received a horrible review on his recent tour from Kenneth Kreen and Charlotte had received a nice so nice review from a mother of a patient who didn't like the "false hope" that she was instilling onto her child.

That was enough for the both of them to feel like complete and utter failures. It didn't matter how much Carter, Dez, Trish, Ally, or Luke reassured the both of them. They had it set in their minds that they failed.

Austin and Charlotte laid parallel to each other on the floor of the practice room. Austin would glance at Charlotte every now and then. She was genuinely upset with the review and she could've sworn that she was only trying to make a hard time seem lighthearted.

Charlotte was upset and angry and... a lot of emotions she honestly couldn't handle. So she kept silent. That was her best bet. To just stay quite. Her mouth and reassurance got her in trouble so it's just best to shut up.

Austin knew that Charlotte didn't know how to handle this. Especially since Carter went of his his way to get the review taken down. Which he miraculously did. But it was too late.

"You did nothing wrong." Austin said, "You did the right thing."

"I could've been fired."

"But you weren't."

"She wanted me fired. She came every day to see if I had been fired."

"So you're giving up?"

"Are you?"

Austin's review had settled the the word the hurt him the most. Lazy. He gave every show his best and for one person that wasn't enough. Austin Moon had been labeled lazy.

He felt like giving up. It was over for him. Though Trish has bought all the magazines with the review of his show in them; Austin still was able to read it. It didn't matter anymore. He saw what the review said and he felt hopeless.