SEVEN. somethin' a matter with a kiss

A ROLLERCOASTER could describe the current status of Austin and Charlotte's relationship

A ROLLERCOASTER could describe the current status of Austin and Charlotte's relationship. Up and down and all around. It was a never-ending cycle of will they won't they, and it seemed to be that won't they was pulling in for the win.

Debate after debate. Argument after argument. The final stage: convincing.

Carter, Dez, Ally, and Trish were all trying to get either Charlotte or Austin (mainly Austin) to get the other to confess some feelings for each other, and it seemed they the other wouldn't budge unless the other came to them first.

They felt hopeless. They felt lost. They felt like the world was caving in.

"What if we got Austin and Charlotte to sing on stage together?" Dez asked, "Doesn't Austin have that show for Ally's mom?"

They felt hope. They felt powerful. They felt like the world was finally on their side.

All they had to do was convince Austin and Charlotte to sing together that night, and maybe, just maybe, something would click.

The last time Austin and Charlotte actually sang together was when they were screaming their heads off at the Bruno Mars concert, but more seriously, the last time they actually sat down and sang together was back when they were dating. Maybe, this was the thing that needed to happen for them to realize what they could have again.

"Dez!" Trish smiled, "That's the smartest thing you've ever said!"

So, the plan was in motion. Ally would help Austin write the song, Trish and Dez would try and keep anyone from ruining this plan, and Carter would convince Charlotte to help to introduce Ally's mom to the crowd, and bam! Austin and Charlotte sing and do whatever couples do after that.

That plan seemed easy, and it was, but if you Carter Montana, you had to do more than just talk to Charlotte to get her to do something.

"Why would I introduce Ally's mom? Couldn't Ally do that for her mom?"

Carter sighed, sipping on his drink from Mini's, "Look, Ally is helping Austin write a song for the show. She knows how well-spoken you are, so she trusts you."