ONE. counting kisses and fatal mistakes

DID CHARLOTTE Taylor regret her actions? Quite often

DID CHARLOTTE Taylor regret her actions? Quite often. She knew she shouldn't have kissed Austin that night. Was it a mistake? She didn't know just yet. She liked the kiss. It was enjoyable, but she didn't know if it was a step in the wrong direction.

She paced back and forth in her bedroom. Her palms were sweaty and her mind racing. Kissing Austin was nice she wouldn't deny that. She knew Austin liked her. Good. Great. She liked Austin. Fantastic. She just didn't know if Austin could commit to team Charlotte like how she was with team Austin.

Regardless of that, Charlotte still had school to attend. She was excited. Carter had met the girl out front and the two of them headed towards their lockers.

"So, any words from superstar Austin Moon about the k-i-s-s?"

Charlotte rolled her eyes, "We talked about it once after."

"And?"

"And... that was that. Austin and I are friends for now. Nothing more nothing less."

"But you want it to be something more, don't you?"

"I don't know what I want right now." Charlotte sighed, "Okay, so maybe, just maybe, I have the tiniest crush on him."

"That's enough for me! Let's get the plan in motion."

"Hold on, Mr. Loverman, I'm not letting you help me with this."

"Why not?"

"Until you figure out your ish, you're not helping me with mine."

"My ish? This isn't about me."

Charlotte let go of Carter's arm and the two of them separated, going to their lockers on the other side of the school.

By her locker, she spotted Austin, Ally, Trish, and Dez standing close by.

Trish and Dez stood with a book in between the two of them and Ally sat by the bench.

"What up, kids?"

"What up, Mr. Conley?" Ally smiled.

"So Austin, I hear you're having auditions for a new backup dancer."