SIX. possible second chances and miscommunication

CHARLOTTE AND Austin can always agree that their dates have never been successful

CHARLOTTE AND Austin can always agree that their dates have never been successful. I mean, it was successful for them. They got to one place and back without many injuries. Others may not see this as fun, but Charlotte and Austin had a good time and that's all that mattered.

Their first date on the other hand was an absolute mess.

She had to work that night, but Austin was determined to get this date in with her if it was the last thing he did.

Charlotte approached the entrance of the diner to lock the doors and as soon as she pulled out the keys, Austin ran towards the door, standing on the other side.

"I know you said you had to work, but I was not missing out on this date." Austin huffed.

"I'm about to get off if you don't mind the smell of hamburgers and grease."

"I have a better idea."

His better idea?

"We've made three milkshakes each, all with secret ingredients, and all we have to do is guess what the flavors are." Austin explained, "This is, mysterious milkshake madness!"

Charlotte smiled, "This was your better idea?"

"Better than missing out on this date I wanted to go on."

"That's fair. Give me a milkshake mystery man."

Austin slid the brownish-colored milkshake towards her and she gently lifted her straw up. The brown mush not blended all the way and a clump of mystery gunk fell from the straw.

That was the downfall of their date. She took a couple of sips and instantly threw it up.

Austin could've sworn that this would be his last date with her... and he was wrong.

After walking the girl home, she faced him, a lopsided smile on her face.

"I had fun."

"You threw up."

"I still had fun. You made an effort to get this date, so I appreciate you trying."

Austin nodded, a smile on his face. This first date wasn't successful and the following dates weren't any better, but they were together and that's all that mattered.