NINE. red lips and rosy cheeks

PROM WAS supposed to be one of the best nights of a teenagers life

So why was Austin Moon second guessing his date?

He had spent his time writing a song for his date and wanted to have his tie match her dress.

So, why was he second guessing his date?

He wanted to be at prom with Charlotte and she was nowhere to be seen.

Well, until she was.

Carter had pulled a ton of stuff to get Charlotte here and she showed up.

Her dress (as embarrassed as she was) had been her mother's wedding dress because they couldn't get Charlotte a new one last minute.

She felt out of place almost. She felt like she stood out too much with the dress, but no one else knew she was wearing a wedding dress.

Charlotte made her way towards the drinks when she bumped into Austin and Piper, who had been on his back.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Hey, Char." Austin chuckled, "You decided to come."

"Wow. You look great." Piper said.

Austin scoffed, "I guess she looks okay. I mean, I've seen her look better."

"Thank you?"

"See ya." Austin said and quickly left with Piper on his back.

Charlotte nodded slowly and grabbed her a drink from the bar.

It had been evident to her that Austin wanted to avoid her at any means necessary.

She pressed her back against the wall and crossed her arms over her chest as she took a sip of her drink.

Like she said, she didn't want to both her friends when they could possibly have one of the best nights of their lives... so that's what she did. She stayed back.

A FEW hours had passed and at this point Kimmy had been on stage, a smile bright on her face.

"I hope everyone's having a good time! I'm not. My date has chickenpox. Anyway, it's time to announce this year's prom queen and king!"